Thursday, May 2, 2013

On the Fly Swap Card

This post just didn't want to happen today! My hubby downloaded Chrome onto my computer and said it would probably work better with my blog since they are both Google. So I opened up Chrome and started my blog post but the picture was just black. I tried it again and...black:( 

Since I had already mailed my swap card, I ran out to my crafting space and quickly made another one. I already had one done in browns but wanted to show you how wonderful it looks with the blues. So, made my card, took a picture, uploaded again and...you guessed it, black again! That's when I bagged it and switched back to my tried and true Safari and tada! it's working:)

The card above is using Midnight Muse, Bashful Blue and Whisper White cardstock with the retired Stampin' Up! stamp set, On the Fly! The ink is also Midnight Muse. I used Linen Thread, dimensionals and an Antique Brad. Love it! It is exactly like the card I made to send to Christy for the Masculine Card Swap last month.


The card on the right is using Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla. On this one I didn't add the brad but just left it kinda natural looking. They were so quick and easy to put together! 

I am planning to give these cards for Father's Day this year plus for a couple of birthdays for men!

I have had this stamp set for years and this was the first time I had used it! I have seen some cute cards on Pinterest using this set so may try to replicate a few of those.

It looks like it may make it into the 70s today in North Central Oregon! I am super excited about a little heat! I feel so bad for those of you who are still getting snow! SNOW IN MAY!!! There's got to be something wrong with that!

Regardless of what it's doing in your neck of the woods, I hope you have a great day!  Guess what?!!! I have another card for you tomorrow:) See, I told you when the A to Z Blog Challenge was over I would make it up to you:D

Kat

4 comments:

  1. Those are great masculine cards, Kat!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla! I was pleased with them:) Especially good for the fishermen in my life.

      Delete
  2. Very nice cards. Isn't our weather glorious? This is the best time of the year to live in eastern Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, this is the best time of year to live in eastern Oregon:) I am super excited about our weather through the weekend!

      Delete