Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sunday Night Chit-Chat


Welcome to the Sunday Night Chit-Chat! We are hosted each week by the talented Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily who is now the proud owner of a new Janome sewing machine!!! She does sooo much sewing and this new machine is going to make her "job" sew much easier and more fun!!

I found the quote at the top on Pinterest, of course! I had to laugh when I saw it because I am always telling people NOT to rain on my parade! Now I will just poke them in the eye with my umbrella! LOL Does anyone ever rain on your parade? I sure hope not!

So for the Sunday Night Chit-Chat...

I am...

Reading...I am between books at the moment but am planning to start a new book I just received from my daughter--Charmed & Enchanted by Nora Roberts. This will be my first book by Nora Roberts.

Listening to...My husband and my son working outside! 

Watching...Nothing at the moment but Call the Midwife is on tonight:)

Cooking/Baking...Tonight for the first time I roasted asparagus, mushrooms and onions in the oven--yummy! We will be doing this again!

Happy I accomplished this week...Stamping Club over for another month; several cards made (including my swap card for the month); family fed and house cleaned:)

Looking forward to next week...I am hoping to get the asparagus patch weeded; some cards made and sent; work on a card swap (I need 11 fancy fold cards all the same)

Thankful for today...I am so thankful for our new Zen water purifier that makes our water taste sweet and good! We thought water from the tap tasted good but this is sooo much better and supposedly better for us:)

*Bonus Question* Do I like my name? Would I change it if I could?
For many years I didn't really like my name and it was sooo common when I was growing up--Kathy! In one of my classes in high school we were seated alphabetically and there were 4 of us named Kathy B. Can you believe that?!!! However, as I have "matured" I feel I have grown into my name and now wouldn't dream of changing it! It's still very common in women my age but not with younger people. When was the last time you heard a baby named Kathy or Kathryn?!!!

Well, that's it for my Chit-Chat tonight! I hope you enjoy the weekly Chit-Chat as much as I do! Tomorrow I am hoping to get in on Sandra's Happy Homemaker Monday plus have some cards to share! See you then!!!

Kat

2 comments:

  1. I think your name is a very timeless & classic name.. :) Better than the names that make me shake my head and say "pardon?" lol!! Hope you'll post pics of your card swap cards! Happy stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla! I have learned to live with my name and maybe even appreciate it a little! I will definitely post pictures of the swap cards!!!

      Delete