- I went to the doctor yesterday to have blood drawn for food allergy testing. Won't get the results back until January 3 because of doctor's holiday vacation (I guess he's entitled--he works hard!). In the meantime, hubby and I will go gluten free until we see the results. We don't itch as bad when we don't have gluten. It's not guaranteed though because I had a bad episode this morning.
- After the doctor's appointment yesterday we decided to eat at PF Changs in Kennewick. We haven't been there for some time because I was a little disgruntled the last time we were there but decided to give them another chance. Truly the Tri-Cities, WA doesn't have a lot of good choices for vegetarians and now we were going to throw gluten free into the mix. What were we thinking?!!! Well, I am pleased to say that PF Changs added a vegetarian fried rice to their vegetarian menu AND they have quite a nice selection of gluten free choices! We had a very nice meal! Thank you PF Changs! If you live in Kennewick, Richland or Pasco, WA and know of restaurants who offer good vegetarian fare please let me know!
- Our new featherbed mattress topper arrived yesterday from Costco! Yay! It is super soft and cushy! I hated giving up our memory foam mattress topper but know I will be just as happy with this new one and there won't be any off-gassing. The featherbed mattress topper had NO chemical smell when we took it out of the box:)
- I really wanted to get some sewing done this week and even have it out and ready to go but just didn't have the energy. I couldn't wrap my mind around anything this week. However, I did finish Daughter of Joy by Kathleen Morgan and am thinking about ordering the Kindle version of Woman of Grace by the same author. I really should read some of the books I already HAVE first:( That's no fun! I am going to try to do some sewing Saturday night and Sunday if I'm feeling up to it. Wish me luck!
- I tried to order a couple of Christmas gifts plus a light box (for taking pictures of my cards) from nomorerack.com but wasn't able to complete the order. The message said my shipping address was not valid. First I put in my PO Box so that was understandable but then I changed it to my street address and it still said the address was not valid (several times). I would have gone out of the website and back in except it took a lot of time to find the items in the first place and there was no search engine on the website to be able to find them again quickly. After spending about 45 minutes trying to place the order I decided I was done! Have you had any frustrating shopping experiences lately?
Well, that's it for me today! I hope you are having a great Friday and will enjoy your weekend. I will be back again Sunday evening for the Sunday Night Chit-Chat!