|Spinach tofu lasagna (Photo credit: serenejournal)|
When the kids were growing up, I made Tofu Spinach Lasagna about once a month but until I made it at my daughter's last week, it had been about two years! Hmmm...what's wrong with me?!!! It is one of my favorite entrees so will make it for church potluck this week. My recipe is vegan so no cheese. When you taste it you will realize it doesn't need any but you can always add it if you wish:)
TOFU SPINACH LASAGNA
(makes 9" X 13" rectangle pan)
12 lasagna noodles (no not need to precook)
1 package firm or extra firm tofu
1 box frozen spinach, thawed (can use fresh, chopped small)
32 ounces (or more--I like lots of sauce) of your favorite pasta sauce (we like Newman's Own for this recipe but used Prego for a lot of years--you want a pasta sauce with a lot of flavor)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Drain and mash tofu. Add spinach, garlic powder, basil and salt
- Spread some sauce in the bottom of baking dish.
- Layer uncooked noodles--usually 3
- Layer 1/2 of tofu mixture on top of noodles
- Spread some more sauce.
- Repeat layers 2 through 5 one more time.
- Add one more layer of noodles with sauce to cover.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for one hour at 350 degrees (F). Remove foil during the last 15 minutes.
Serve with a big green salad and a loaf of garlic french bread for a super yummy meal!
I hope you are having a wonderful day. My hubby said we would have good weather today and tomorrow but then storms are supposed to blow in! I guess summer is REALLY over:( Time to get out the warm clothes and put the summer things away! Goodbye flip flops...sniff! sniff! Hello to my Keen Bern Baby Bern Boots:D