Thursday, October 4, 2012

Happy Stamping Day

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday. I am visiting my daughter this week and we have been busy. I have a 7 year old granddaughter and she is very busy! She has lots of plans for Gramma:) Today is swimming lessons after school and I promised she could get something out of the vending machine afterward. The vending machine is a BIG deal!

Today my daughter and I started making cards about 10:00 and didn't stop until about 2:30! She made 7 cards and I made 2. My excuse is I was helping her with hers. 

The two cards I am showing you today were inspired and CASed from Sharon Burkert at As the Ink Dries. My daughter got the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and coordinating Butterfly Punch for her birthday from her brother so this card was a must to use her new toys:) I did the paper cutting and she did the stamping and assembling! Wish I could stamp with her every week! We had a great time! I am not sure what paper pack the background paper is that I used to photograph the cards but I am thinking I might sneak it into my suitcase when I leave. Love it!

For this card we used the following Stampin' Up! supplies:

  • Raspberry Ripple and Whisper White card stock
  • 2010-2012 Designer Paper Patterns Pack (retired)
  • Raspberry Ripple Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Stamp sets: Papillon Potpourri and Day of Gratitude (sentiment)
  • Scallop Oval Punch
  • Basic Pearls, Dimensionals and Mini Glue Dots
For the second card we wanted to do the same card but with a different color combo. I REALLY like this one! The differences are:
  • Island Indigo card stock--don't you love it with the Pear Pizzazz?!!!
  • Butterflies stamped with Midnight Muse Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Sentiment stamped with Lucky Limeade Classic Stampin' Pad
I really want to try this card with some other color combos! What a great card!!! Thank you Sharon for this GREAT idea!!!

Okay, off to pick up the granddaughter at the bus and then off to swimming lessons! Have a great day and hope you get a chance to do something really fun today!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment