Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday


Welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday started each week by Sandra over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Lots of hustling and bustling going on around here this morning getting ready to travel to my daughter's for the week. But all is good. As you are reading this I am most likely driving along listening to one of the audio books I checked out of the library last week!

Okay are you ready? Let's get started...

The weather...A chilly 54 degrees (F) but sunny so will warm up later on.

Right now I am...Feeling hurried and overwhelmed getting ready to go to my daughter's. But all will be good once I am in the car ready to go:)

Thinking...I should have done a lot more yesterday to avoid feeling stressed this morning:(

On my reading pile...

  • Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders, edited by Judith Durant
  • The last few pages of Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
  • Hobby Farm Home magazine
  • Paper Crafts magazine
  • Better Homes & Gardens magazine
On the TV...Nothing! I'm traveling! However, am most likely listening to The Confession by John Grisham.

On the menu this week...Not sure, I will be at my daughter's but if I have my say, we will likely have Tofu Teriyaki (restaurant) at least once:) I have Gluten Steaks for one day and will make a Tofu Lasagna for the weekend.

On my to do list...
  • Play with my granddaughter
  • Teach daughter and new card technique
  • Play with my granddaughter
  • Visit the Book Nook at my daughter's library
  • Play with my granddaughter
  • You get the idea:)))
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...
  • Cards
  • Cross stitch Thanksgiving Tablecloth and napkins
Homemaking Tip...Don't have one this week

Looking around the house...Pretty cluttered with me packing and getting ready to go.

From my camera...

Rocky sleeping! Oh so funny! He really sleeps hard in this position. Less snoring so he must be able to breathe better on his back. 

On my prayer list...
  • Two families who recently lost loved ones
  • Two young men stationed in Afghanistan
  • Trip to daughter's
  • My chronic stomach issues--need diagnosis
Bible verse; Devotional...
Read at a recent memorial service...
"All rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again." Ecclesiastes 1:7 

Thanks for stopping by! See you tomorrow with The Cupboard Trilogy Design Team card!

Kat


7 comments:

  1. Loved your post! I really hope you get your tummy troubles situated and that every one of your prayer requests are answered! Have a great time at your daughter's house and playin with that grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you safe travels and a wonderful visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very busy week, hope you had a good drive to you daughter :)

    Love the pic, he is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be busy but fun! My 7 year old granddaughter already has our week well planned! I can rest up while she is at school each day for all the activity in the afternoons and evenings:)

      Delete
  4. My favorite thing about your post...your "To Do" list...PLAY WITH GRANDDAUGHTER!!! My granddaughter turns 5 friday...I am so in love with her!!! SO IN LOVE!!
    Be safe and get that "To Do" list DONE!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kim! I arrived safe and sound:)

    ReplyDelete