Monday, October 22, 2012

Sunday Night...I mean, Monday Morning Chit-Chat



My brother is visiting and we talked late last night so didn't get the Sunday Night Chit-Chat done till this morning. I am so glad he came to visit:) It's been awhile since he's been here. Our house would be a destination spot whereas we can visit him when we go to the city.

As for my quote this morning, I hope to always be the one who is patient and kind:) By nature I am a talker but I try to listen. I love learning about people and what makes them tick.

So on to the Sunday Night/Monday Morning Chit-Chat! This is started each week by Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily. She did a fabulous picture tutorial for making a Zippy Wallet and I can hardly wait to get started on it! Hope to do that today or tomorrow:)

I am...

Reading...Still reading Happiness Key by Emilie Richards. Haven't made it very far in the last week. Guess I haven't felt like reading. Too busy playing with my new iPad:) For our read aloud we are still reading Hiking Through by Paul Stutzman but we are nearly finished. This book has been so inspirational so I will likely purchase an extra to share.

Watching...We were visiting with my brother last night so didn't watch anything. I have two more episodes of Ringer on Netflix to watch so will try to get that done this week!

Listening to...Rocky (the English Bulldog) snoring and the fire crackling (love both those sounds).

Cooking/baking...Yesterday I made Potato Soup--yumm! This morning I am planning to make Apple Pie Waffles for breakfast.

Happy I accomplished this week...I got our guest apartment cleaned!!! Whew! That was a job! I hadn't cleaned it all summer and it was super dirty:( But now it is nice and clean. 

Looking forward to next (this) week...Working on the Patchwork Zippy Wallet from Carla's tutorial:) I hope to make two of them this week. I am also looking forward to the Reverse 100 Things Challenge...ready, set, go!

Thankful for today...My brother's wonderful visit:)

**BONUS QUESTION**

What is a character quality about myself I need to work on? I actually have two big ones and they probably go together...

  1. I procrastinate--big time!
  2. I am disorganized! I am an organizational wannabe just haven't found the method that works best for me. I read the books and work them for awhile but then it all falls apart. 
Thanks for checking in and sorry I am so late but really felt my brother's visit took first place in my life last night and today. 

Kat




2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a lovely visit and you're more organized than you give yourself credit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great visit! So glad he decided to come visit after his golf day in Sun River. Thank you for your vote of confidence but I always feel like a work in progress when it comes to organizing!

    Thanks for visiting, Kim:)

    ReplyDelete