Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Flash Card


I know, I am a little late today but have been busy getting ready for the Happy Stampers Club (tomorrow night--yay!!!) and brewing the tea to feed my Kombucha Mushroom (more on that another time) and trying to clean up some around here.

I am over-the-top excited about Connie Stewart's Flash Cards (this link is for the basic Flash Card video tutorial). The concept is that you have your base card plus two pieces of card stock--the dark piece is cut at 4 1/4" x 2 3/4" and the light one is cut at 4" x 2 1/2". Connie will show you how to cut your card stock and how to get the most out of each piece! We will be making another one of her designs tomorrow night at our club meeting but for today we will concentrate on the one above. I wanted to stamp inside my card so I stepped out of the Flash Card box just a little by adding a piece of Very Vanilla card stock to the inside of my card.
Connie used the Ornament Punch for her card but since I don't have the Ornament Punch yet, I had to improvise:)

For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! products:

  • Card stock: Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla
  • Stamp sets: Ornament Keepsakes and Christmas Lodge
  • Always Artichoke Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Big Shot with Holiday Ornaments Framelits and Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder
  • 2 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch
  • Dimensionals; Basic Rhinestone; Always Artichoke Seam Binding
Be sure to check out Connie Stewart's blog, Simply Simple Stamping. She has several Flash Cards to show you what to do with your card stock pieces:) Thanks, Connie!

Well, I'm off to do some more stamping before I get everything packed up to go for tomorrow. Happy Stamping!

Kat

2 comments:

  1. I love Stampin' Up and I also fed my Kombucha Mushroom today. haha... I hope I can have it ready to drink by Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stamping is my passion...makes me happy! And my Kombucha tea makes me healthy:) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete