Well, in order to get back on track this week I decided to post twice today! I really didn't want to miss out on Happy Homemaker Monday! Happy Homemaker Monday is originated each week by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Be sure to check out her blog to see what she has been up to.
I am posting this in the evening this week so my answers will reflect that.
The Weather...Brrr! It is 42.9 degrees (F). I don't think it got much over 45 degrees today. And rainy--it's a good thing but I don't have to like it.
Right now I am...Winding down for the day.
Thinking...About getting ready for Thanksgiving and making some Patchwork Zippy Wallets (tutorial by Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily).
On my reading pile...Still the Happiness Key series by Emilie Richards. I am really wanting another Amish series and I see that Karen Kingsbury has a new book coming out soon:) I haven't been reading very much lately.
On the tv...I finished Ringer on Netflix so now will finish watching McLeod's Daughters on Netflix. It will likely take awhile. Hmmm...I think The Voice may be on tonight.
On the menu for this week...
- Monday--Leftover Potato Soup
- Tuesday--not sure yet
- Wednesday--Spaghetti, green salad and french bread (didn't happen last week)
- Friday--Vegetable Stew with dumplings
- Saturday--Potluck at church
- Sunday--Baked Potatoes, Butternut Squash (from our garden), Cabbage Salad with Ramen Noodles
On my to do list...
- Thank you cards for October customers
- Zippy wallet
- Reverse 100 Things Challenge or as I call it The 100 Thing Fling Boogie (thanks to the Fly Lady)--more about this one tomorrow:)
- Clean guest apartment after my brother left
- Get package together for Secret Sister Swap
- Get RAK ready to mail
What I am sewing, knitting, crocheting or creating...
- Do you want to hear it again?!!! A Patchwork Zippy Wallet!!! I hope to have it made and ready to post before Friday.
- Slowly cross stitching napkins. Having trouble getting into it.
- I really, really, really want to start a winter scarf.
Homemaking Tips...I use Clorox (or other brands) Wipes to clean the toilet. But the best tip is using Clorox Wipes to clean the floor around the toilet; keeps it smelling fresh and clean--even with men in the house!
Looking around the house...I see three lazy dogs snoozing away and their toys are littering the living room!
From the camera...
A tease for tomorrow's post:)
On my prayer list...
- My brother as he's working his way through the grieving process after losing his sweet wife in June.
- Our Thanksgiving guest list.
- A friend who is moving to Texas soon to be near her children.
Bible Verse; Devotional...
"But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul." Deuteronomy 4:29 (NIV)
Thank you for stopping by. Have a good evening and I will be back with a card tomorrow--the tease from above:)