Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday


Good Morning! Welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday started each week by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom! I am having a much easier time blogging this morning! The internet is working a lot faster, probably because I don't as much competition for bandwidth:)

So, what's going on this Monday morning?

The Weather...50s, rainy and windy. I am in Seattle today and tomorrow and I do believe Seattle has 100% chance of rain three seasons of the year! But it is green and beautiful:)

Right now I am...Sitting on the bed in my hotel room, watching reports on Hurricane Sandy on TV and writing this post. Oh, where is that cup of tea I was going to have?!! Will get that going and be right back!

Thinking...About what I am going to do tomorrow after I check out of the hotel. I will have five hours between check out and when my hubby gets out of his training.

On my reading pile...Haven't done much reading in the last week so am still working my way through Emilie Richards Happiness Key series. I also brought my latest copies of Stampin' Success, Knit Simple and Weight Watchers magazines. I also have the latest copy of Better Homes & Gardens magazine on my new iPad.

On my tv...Will be watching lots of storm news most of today. Not sure for the rest of the week.

On the menu this week...
Monday--restaurants
Tuesday--restaurants
Wednesday--Vegetable Stew, Coleslaw/Ramen Salad
Thursday--Baked Potatoes, Baked Butternut Squash and Broccoli
Friday--Mushroom Barley Soup
Saturday--I will take homemade bread and a green salad for church potluck
Sunday--not sure yet

On my to do list...I need to do a stamping order today but other than that, I am just planning to read, knit, blog and watch about the storm on TV. Will need to do some laundry and clean house when I get home but don't plan much until Thursday.

What I am crocheting, knitting, sewing or creating...I am knitting a simple infinity scarf in Lion Brand Homespun yarn; knitting a Christmas stocking ornament; might start a pair of socks today if I get really bored:)

Homemaking Tips...To sanitize countertops, sinks, sponges, etc. just fill a small spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide and spray surfaces you want to sanitize! Hydrogen peroxide is cheap, only $1 or less for 16 oz., and safe. There are many uses for hydrogen peroxide besides disinfecting owies! I tried putting bleach in a spray bottle but it ate the spray mechanism:( And bleach is not a safe or green cleaner.

Looking around the house (or in my case, hotel room)...Room a little cluttered with our stuff--jugs of water, crackers, hubby's jeans and socks, my knitting bag. Glad I'm not looking around my HOUSE right now!

From the camera...
Infinity Scarf I am knitting
On my Prayer List...

  1. Those in the path of Hurricane Sandy.
  2. Friends/family who have recently lost loved ones.
  3. Lena--a special blog "friend"
Bible Verse; Devotional...
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3

I hope you are having a great Monday and are safe, healthy and happy. See you tomorrow:)

Kat








2 comments:

  1. I am hating your menu....I just know you are going to be eating some good stuff!! Its just not fair!! LOL!

    Sounds like you are having some nice down time. That is always good. Be safe coming home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tina! We do love our veggies! I need to add some recipes to my blog for some of our favorite fall and winter recipes. The down time is always good:) Thanks for visiting!

      Delete