Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The 100 Thing Fling Boogie plus a Flash Card

Brrr...the weather has turned cold. Yesterday's high was about 45 degrees (F) and today we might make 50. So thankful to have a wood stove to back up to! However, we haven't had a frost yet so that's good and bad! Good because we are still eating tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden; bad because I need at least a light frost before we harvest the apples to make applesauce--makes them sweeter. But you didn't visit to hear me complain about the weather, did you?!!!


First up today is The Reverse 100 Things Challenge I mentioned in my last post. I read about it on Carla's blog, My 1/2 Dozen Daily--have you figured out yet that I am Carla's Blog Stalker?!!! Anyhoo, it originally came from Courtney's blog, Be More With Less. As I was just reading Courtney's post she has challenged herself to make this just HER personal items--not household items! Easy peasy for me as I have TOO MUCH STUFF!!! The Fly Lady has a 27 Fling Boogie so to make this challenge more fun for me, I am calling mine The 100 Thing Fling Boogie! So, between now and December 15 I will be getting rid of 100 of my personal possessions--whoo hoo!!! So far I have 3 coats that I no longer need or wear plus a stack of Creating Keepsakes magazines so have a total of 4 items (counting all those magazines as one item) but am planning to have 10 by the end of the day! I will be updating you on my progress on Fridays so be sure to check back!


Well, I will never win an award for photography:( Maybe that should go on my list for next year! The card above was another one of  Connie Stewart's Flash Cards! I am having so much fun with her Flash Cards and her video tutorials are really fun to watch!

For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! products:

  • Whisper White and Cherry Cobbler card stock
  • Stamp sets: Christmas Lodge (for sentiments) and Ornament Keepsakes
  • Classic Stampin' Pads: Early Espress and Gumball Green
  • Big Shot plus Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies and Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
  • Other: 1/2" Circle Punch and Early Espresso 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon
  • What! No Dimensionals?!!! Well, it's true:)
Well, need to get busy on that To Do List! I need to find 6 more things to fling plus get started on my Zippy Wallet! I already have the laundry going but have two more loads to go. On laundry day I am just thankful I have a washer and dryer:)

Have a great day! Are you going to join me in The 100 Thing Fling Boogie? Let me know as I am encouraged by your comments!

Kat


No comments:

Post a Comment