Monday, November 5, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday


I wasn't sure I was going to make it for Happy Homemaker Monday but I have a little break while waiting for more apples to cook. I have six quarts of applesauce so far so only 15 more to go:) I still don't have the steam canner I have been wanting but will have it for next year!

Happy Homemaker Monday is initiated each week by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Be sure to check in with her to see what this very busy wife and mother is up to! You won't be disappointed!

So let's get started!

The weather...70 degrees with a breeze. Perfect!!!

Right now I am...Taking a break while waiting for my apples to cook!

Thinking...There are sooo many apples to do:( I want to do some pints for our 90 year old lady friend for Christmas. She really seemed to enjoy it last year.

On my reading pile...STILL reading Happiness Key by Emilie Barnes. I need to make reading a priority! 

On my TV...I am watching McLeod's Daughters while making applesauce. 

On the menu for this week...
Monday--Tacos with beans, rice and quinoa "burger"
Tuesday--Spaghetti with green salad and broccoli
Wednesday--Potato Corn Chowder and sandwiches
Thursday--Town Day; eating out
Friday--Mizidra
Saturday--Finger Foods Potluck at Church
Sunday--Baked Potatoes and Butternut Squash

On my to do list:

  • Applesauce, applesauce and more applesauce
  • Laundry
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or crafting...
Still working on the Infinity Scarf and the mini Christmas Stocking.

Homemaking Tips...I love Swiffer Dusters but have been wanting to find an alternative that would let me have the duster I love without the expense. While wasting my time on Pinterest the other day I found a link for making your own washable "Swiffer" dusters! I have a Rubbermaid tub full of fleece and I have several handles from the Swiffer Dusters so can hardly wait to get started making my own. 

Looking around the house...Canning stuff all over the kitchen; the dogs took all the toys out of their toy box--AGAIN! Other than that, not too bad! 

From the camera...

 

Apples still needing to be picked. Most of these will go in the root cellar because they are good ones--no worm holes or bruising. We have 3 more apple trees to pick.

On my prayer list...People on the east coast who are still without power. Also a friend who is moving to TX.

Bible Verse; Devotional...
"If you carefully observe all these commands I am giving you to follow—to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him and to hold fast to him—then the Lord will drive out all these nations before you, and you will dispossess nations larger and stronger than you." Deuteronomy 11:22-23 (NIV) 
I read this last week in a devotional from Proverbs 31 Ministries titled "I Want to Run Away"! Profound!

I am sorry I didn't provide links to things like I usually do and will try to come back later to add those. 

As a wife and mother have you ever wanted to just run away? I know I have! One of the things that really helps me is to practice thankfulness. Since this is the month of Thanksgiving, maybe we should all practice thankfulness. Hmmm...maybe I will start a Thankful Thursday on this blog. What do you think?

Have a great day! 

Kat






1 comment:

  1. Thankful Thursdays sounds like a great idea. Happy 'saucing. :)

    ReplyDelete