I love the thought in the picture above and would love to put it on my bedroom wall! Every day is a blank canvas:) Well, this day is full of cleaning and cooking! I have most of the cleaning done thanks to my hubby but have a few areas to tweak! But mostly today is about cooking for our Thanksgiving Feast!
I promised you my menu for Thanksgiving. We will be having a Vegan Feast as my hubby's brother and sister-in-law are vegan and we are nearly there so it works good for everyone.
Oven Roasted Vegetables
Steamed Brussels Sprouts
Green Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
Tofu Pumpkin Pie
Non-dairy Whipped Topping
I don't think I have shared the Onion Poppyseed Dressing recipe with you before and it is oh so good so here goes...
Poppyseed Salad Dressing
from the cookbook Choices by Cheryl Thomas Caviness
1/4 cup small white onion, chopped
1/4 cup honey
2 1/2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard (optional but I use it)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light olive oil (or 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup oil)
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- In blender or food processor, blend chopped onion on medium speed until slushy.
- Add honey and lemon juice to onion and blend. Add dry mustard and salt to taste if desired.
- With blender or food processor running on medium-high speed, slowly pour in oil or oil/water mixture. Mixture in blender will be thick and creamy. (If you use the oil/water mixture to lower the fat content, it will be slightly thinner, but still delicious)
- Stir poppy seeds in so they remain whole.
- Store in refrigerator until needed.
I hope you try this salad dressing and like it as much as we do. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!