Tuesday, May 1, 2012

More Signs of Spring

Saturday I took my little camera out and was snapping more pictures of Spring:) The lilacs are starting to bloom out. They are sooo pretty. I have to enjoy them outside though because I am allergic to the scent:( One time at church I had to ask that a beautiful bouquet of lilacs be removed from the sanctuary because I was quickly becoming stuffed up and nauseous! I love them just can't be indoors with them.
How about these little cuties?!!! Narcissus, I believe! My husband's cousin came one weekend and planted a bunch of plants she brought from her house and I think these are a product of that visit. They are so dainty and cute. I hope our little Rocky doesn't decide they are edible! He is already enjoying the daffodils and tulips. We had to put an electric wire around the garden to keep him out of the asparagus and onions!
Aren't these Grape Hyacinths adorable? We only have a few of them and I love to watch them. I think these came from hubby's cousin as well. Interesting how they have so many leaves and just a few dark purple flowers.


The last picture is of how much my raspberries have leafed out in just the last week.


See the cute little berry buds in the center of the gorgeous bunch of leaves. Those are going to be delicious raspberries!!! I can hardly wait.


I hope you are enjoying Spring as much as I am! I just wish it would get a little warmer and stay that way...but then it wouldn't be Spring, would it?! At least not Spring in Oregon!


Have a wonderful Tuesday and enjoy your week! My husband will be at the Solarize White Salmon Seminar & Open House in White Salmon, WA today from 4:00-8:00. If you're in the area, drop in and say Kat sent you! For more information on the seminar check out the Hire Electric Solar Division blog. Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment