Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Night Chit-Chat!

I have been waiting all week to take part in the Sunday Night Chit-Chat again! I was sooo afraid I would forget. We have been gone all day to the big Flea Market in Sumpter, Oregon! The whole town is one big flea market for the whole weekend:) It is a 2 1/2 hour drive for us (each way) and we were there for 3 hours! I am ready to call it a day!


This is a place we pass every time we go to town. I love old buildings that are melting into the landscape. Unfortunately I don't have a zoom lens on this camera but liked the way the wheat was bending in the wind. I plan to go back with the camera that has a zoom so I can get a closer picture of the house.


Okay, the Sunday Night Chit-Chat is started each week by Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily. You can go to her site to see what others have for their Sunday Night Chit-Chat!


Reading?  Still reading A Time to Dance  by Karen Kingsbury (didn't have much reading time this week) and Vegetarian Times Magazine (inspiration for the kitchen:)
Watching? Nothing
Listening to? "Be Though My Vision" by Debby Boone
Cooking/Baking? I made Apple Pie Waffles for breakfast and am boiling potatoes for tomorrow's potato salad
Happy you accomplished this week? I am almost finished with the doily I have been crocheting. It should be finished before I go to bed tonight so will post a picture of it tomorrow:)
Looking forward to next week? Sewing--need to make a clothes pin bag so the puppy doesn't eat any more clothes pins:(
Thankful for today? I am so thankful to live where I do. The wheat fields are a beautiful green; the garden is starting to grow (we are eating lettuce and strawberries); we have a stunning view of Mt Hood and Mt Adams from our living room window. It just doesn't get any better than this:)



Have a wonderful evening and enjoy the other Chit-Chats! Thanks for visiting and be sure to check back tomorrow! Kat
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. HI there,
    I have been to Oregon only a few times - spent lots of time in Portland and Woodburn. I think I remember seeing the sign for Mt. Hood. I loved your state, especially the shopping since for me as a Canadian, the low dollar and the 0% sales tax feels like heaven, LOL
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo...it's perfect just as is! Can't wait to see your finished doily! They're so delicate & beautiful! :) Apple pie waffles sound delicious!! Yum! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete