Friday, May 18, 2012

Stamping Club for May

Our Happy Stampers Stamping Club met last night and what a fun night it was! I love all the ladies and have such a fun time! This club night was special because each one of my Happy Stampers got their NEW 2012-2013 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog. We almost couldn't get to our projects! Along with the catalog I gave each one of them a bookmark I made to use with their catalog.
I should have taken a picture of one ON the catalog so you could see how truly cute they are! This wonderful idea came from none other than Dawn Griffith at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. I think it's time for me to put more money in her "tip jar"! The link will take you directly to her video on how to make the bookmark. The flowers are everywhere and I don't even know who to give credit! I promised my Happy Stampers that I would show them how to make these bookmarks at next month's meeting.


For these bookmarks I used the following Stampin' Up! supplies (unless otherwise noted):

  • Ribbon: Basic Black & Chocolate Chip 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon; Melon Mambo dotted ribbon (retired--purchased from the Stampin' Up! Clearance Rack)
  • Buttons: All but the black button and white button were purchased from the SU! Clearance Rack. The black button and white button were from my button box:)
  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Daffodil Delight, Chocolate Chip
  • Neutrals brads, Large Basic Pearls, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Sticky Strip
  • Non-SU!: Hair elastics, embroidery floss
The card at left was probably the most time consuming of the evening but oh so worth it! I made one similar here but this one is for my granddaughter for her 7th birthday next month. 




For this card I used:

  • Card stock: Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Rose Red, Pink Pirouette
  • Twitterpated Designer Series Paper
  • Stamp Sets: Loved Ones (Occasions Mini--retired) and Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess set retiring the end of this month)
  • Big Shot and Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die; Adorning Accents Embossing Folder for hearts, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (retiring at the end of the month) for the package bows.
  • Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, lots of Sticky Strip, small Basic Pearl, Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon
Don't you love the way it pops up to wish her a Happy Birthday! Thank you Lynda at Lynda's Quiet Time for this great idea! I can think of a lot of different color combos to use with this card!

Well, peeps, that's it for today! Thanks for popping in to see what I have been up to while being retired. Next month will be two years since I started my Retirement Journey. Not too exciting but lots of fun!

I will be back on Monday with more great cards and maybe a recipe or two! Have a great weekend! Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment