Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Santa's List Post Card

My kitchen sink is still plugged so I am still doing dishes "camping style":( 

I have walked two days on the treadmill this week. Although I think I am going to have to only walk every other day and do Pilates on the off days to stretch. The walking is causing a lot of pain to my lower back and neck so the stretching should help. 

We got our first frost last night but it was a light one. The killing frost is still to come but hubby got the tomatoes and peppers brought in so they are safe. Even a light frost will make the tomatoes taste nasty! We have beautiful sunshine today but the temperature didn't quite reach 50 degrees (F).

Are you wondering about our sauerkraut? Well, it was two weeks Sunday since we made it. We can't take the lid off to peek so just have to hope that our diligence with the temperature is paying off. We have two more weeks to go before we can taste it. Then about two weeks after that we can move it into the root cellar to store for winter use. Sauerkraut is sooo good for your digestive system...as good as taking probiotics and a whole lot cheaper. You can read about the benefits of sauerkraut here and here.

Okay, now on to the card for today...


Santa's List is one of those stamp sets I bought but wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. My Happy Stampers made a card at our last stamping club meeting and you can see it here. Then I saw this super cute card on Pinterest and since I was wanting to order the Post Card stamp and Gorgeous Grunge (for the speckles), decided to get everything I needed and make it! I have been looking for the last hour for the original designer of this card and finally found her! Whoo Hoo! I would hate to not give due credit for this great card design. Her name is Jane Goldman and you can see her card at Petite Fleur Paperie . I really wanted to angle my post card like she did but evidently didn't cut my base card the right size. I love the way I can control the spots with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. I used the stamp off method so as to get more subtle spotting. I sponged all the edges and the paper doily with Crumb Cake ink. 

For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! supplies:

  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
  • Stamps: Santa's List; Post Card
  • Ink: Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar and Cherry Cobble
  • Other: Tea Lace Paper Doily, Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine
What! No Dimensionals?!!! Not on this card! 

I hope you enjoyed this very cute card and please, stop over to see Jane's creations at Petite Fleur Paperie.

Have a great day...or what's left of it!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment