Monday, October 14, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

I am getting a late start today but...better late than never, right?!!! I got some laundry done; walked on the treadmill for an hour; and finally got hubby out the door to "do his thing" for the day! Now my time is my own:)

I value all the comments I receive from you but I have a fairly high rate of anonymous spam comments that come through so have set the comments so I have to review each one before posting. This morning I nearly panicked because it looked like I had inadvertently deleted TWO comments! No matter what I did, I couldn't find them. So, I came onto my blog to start this post and tada! they were waiting there for me to approve! I was one happy camper!!!


I hope you are ready for Happy Homemaker Monday because I sure am! I want to thank Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom who is the weekly host of Happy Homemaker Monday. She also photographs and makes the beautiful Happy Homemaker Buttons that those of us who participate use each week! So, let's get started...

Weather...Beautiful sunshine and looks like the high today will be 58 degrees (F). The low this morning was 48 degrees I believe. We open the door to our root cellar at night and close during the day to get the temperature down so we can store apples, potatoes, cabbage and other food for the winter.

Right now I am...Just working on this post.

Thinking...about what I want to eat for lunch and planning the cards I will be making this afternoon and tomorrow.

On my reading pile...Just finished The Replacement Wife by Eileen Gouge and am ready to finish Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy. Lined up is How to be Organized in Spite of Yourself by Sunny Schlenger and Roberta Roesch. Trust me, if this book doesn't help me get organized, I am a lost cause:( Keep your fingers crossed for me!

On my TV...Nothing! Doing a lot of reading:)

On the menu for this week...Soup Week!

Monday -- haven't decided yet
Tuesday -- Curried French Lentil Soup and green salad
Wednesday -- I will be gone all day so hubby will fend for himself (he's a great cook)
Thursday -- Vegetable Stew and Crudites
Friday -- Potato Corn Chowder and Cole Slaw
Saturday -- Leftover Soup with Green Salad
Sunday -- Not sure yet

On my to do list...

  • Working on my list of 20 things to do before Thanksgiving to get this house "company ready" (deep cleaning stuff)
  • Laundry--always laundry! I try to do one or two loads per day except weekends.
  • Get ready for my Happy Stampers Club (meets on Wednesday night)
  • Thank you cards for hubby's clients and my customers (I am sooo far behind)
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...Nothing! However, this is what I NEED to be working on:
  • I am stuck at the moment! I need to finish the socks I was knitting last month so will take them to my friend, Barb, so she can help me figure out where I went wrong. 
  • I need to start putting the blocks together for the Granny Square Afghan I was working on.
  • I decided I want to make a Traveling Toiletry & Makeup Bag set with the beautiful Sassy Shoes fabric I bought in September.
  • I need to start making American Girl doll clothes to go with the new doll I just bought for my granddaughter for Christmas.
Looking around the house...Dogs everywhere as usual but so far today they haven't cleared their toy box out! Kitchen is clean and the two crocks of sauerkraut are sitting on the floor doing their thing! Bed is made and laundry is done! All in all, it looks pretty good around here:) Even the kitchen table is clear--no mail piled up on it as it usually is!

From the camera...

More sauerkraut mess from yesterday!
On my prayer list...
  • My brother
  • My mom
  • My sister in need of hip replacements
  • Christmas Jar recipient for this year
  • Widow and children of my husband's uncle who recently died
  • Acquaintances who need a house
  • My nephew-in-law who recently lost his father
Bible verse/devotional...
"Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord." Jeremiah 9: 23, 24

Well, looks like that's it for me today!

I have a card for you tomorrow and hopefully every day for the rest of the week!

Kat








2 comments:

  1. Where do you find the time to complete your lists, Kat ! I am even scared to make a list anymore, so I don't . xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always complete them for sure but it gives me a place to come back to when I get side-tracked:) I side-track pretty easy!

      Delete