Thursday, October 31, 2013

Great Framelit Storage Idea

This super duper brilliant idea came from Connie Stewart at Simply Simple Stamping! Connie is the queen of Flash Cards and Flash Cards 2.0. I love making her Flash Cards and working with the Flash Card pieces. She is amazing! Her videos are funny and informative!

In September when I was visiting my daughter, she purchased a nifty framelit storage system from Joann's for half price...



I had this same system on my Christmas Wish List until I saw Connie's system. If I don't convince you otherwise with this post, as of today, Joann's had the Artbin Magnetic Storage System for $10.99 (regular price $21.99). This storage system comes with 3 magnetic sheets.

This is what my pile of Framelits looked like...



I have 12 packages of Framelits (love those things) and was storing them in a box but was quickly outgrowing the box (it also houses my Bigz Dies and Embossing Folders). Plus I would have to look through all of them every time I wanted one! No rhyme or reason to my system:( 

Okay, now for the coolest Framelit storage EVER!

After watching Connie's video, I purchased an 8" X 8" scrapbook album at Stampin' Up!'s Clearance Rack for $5.99. It is a 3-ring system and came with 10 page protectors. I have another package of 10 page protectors in case I need them.



Then I had hubby purchase two packages of 8" X 15" Magnetic Vent Covers. They came three to a package so that takes care of all 12 Framelits I currently have. He got these at Lowe's for $5 per package. The Artbin Magnetic Die Sheets are regularly $11.99 for 3 sheets 7.5" X 9" (today they are on sale for $5.99 at Joann's).



After cutting the Magnetic Vent Covers in half, the fun began! I love organizing stuff! If only I could get the rest of my craft room organized:(




On some of the pages there is room for more Framelits if I needed to use it. However, I have them alphabetized so will likely just add more pages.



I did cheat a little and put three packages of Edgelits on one page. I titled the page Edgelits and then labeled the individual Edgelits. 

I LOVE my new Framelits Storage System and it has plenty of room for expansion. I will just purchase another package of Magnetic Vent Covers and be ready for my next 6 Framelits:)

Be sure to check out Connie's blog and her video on making this super cool storage system.

Happy Stamping!

Kat

2 comments:

  1. i love it! where did you get the extra page refills?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ninette! I got the extra pages on the SU Clearance Rack a couple years a go but you should be able to get them at a craft store.

      Delete