Monday, October 28, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday


I really enjoy Happy Homemaker Monday. It just makes Monday a little less...Monday! Sunday Night Chit-Chat and Happy Homemaker Monday help me to jump-start my blogging week, especially if I'm not feeling particularly bloggy:)

So, what is going on in my neck of the woods? First of all, there are NO WOODS here. If you want trees, ya gotta plant them!

As I look outside my window...
Windy and sunny with dark clouds starting to move in. At 1:00 in the afternoon it is still only 46 degrees (F)! We haven't had a frost yet so still have leaves on the trees and flowers blooming in the flower beds. But I fear not for long.

Right now I am...
Procrastinating on getting out on the treadmill by doing this blog post. 

Thinking and pondering...
About things I need to get done and things I want to do. I am thinking about what gifts I want to make for Christmas and how much time I have left to get them done in. I am also trying to decide what I want to do as my Design Team project for The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges. When I see the projects people submit I am humbled. However, my "style" is a lot more clean and simple than some. I do admire the fussy though!

On my bedside table...
Actually, it's starting to look like a Jenga Puzzle! I am still reading How to be Organized in Spite of Yourself by Sunny Schlenger and Roberta Roesch. I am reading Snow Bride by Debbie Macomber on the Kindle App for my iPad (love checking books out from the library this way). Then I am listening to the audio version of Daddy's Gone A Hunting by Mary Higgins Clark.

On my TV tonight...
Nothing! I need to find a series to watch so I can get some knitting/crocheting done for Christmas.

Playing on the radio...
Again, nothing! Pretty quiet around here except for English Bulldog snores:)

On the menu for this week...

Monday -- Leftover Vegetable Stew
Tuesday -- Pinto bean and rice
Wednesday --
Thursday --
Friday -- Potato Soup
Saturday --
Sunday -- Mizidra

On my to do list...

  • Working on my list of 20 things to do before Thanksgiving to get this house "company ready" (deep cleaning stuff)
  • Laundry--always laundry! I try to do one or two loads per day except weekends.
  • Walking on the treadmill
  • Design Team projects for The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges
  • Swap cards--Need six Christmas cards for this swap (all the same)
  • Box up and take stuff to Thrift Store (didn't get done last week so got moved to this week)
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...
I will be making cards again this week but NEED to get some crocheting, knitting and sewing done. My craft table is my "happy place":)

What I found while surfing the net...
I know Sandra hasn't had this one on for awhile but I just had to tell you about One Good Thing by Jillee! Frequently on Pinterest when I would find a tip or idea worthy of pinning, it would take me to the same website...One Good Thing by Jillee! One of my favorites was her recent post 30 Little Known Uses for Household Borax! If you want some GREAT ideas, check out this blog.

My simple pleasure...
A glass of iced ZipFizz following my exercise! 

Lesson learned the past week...
I CAN do spur of the moment and survive! A few deep breaths, a prayer for strength and it can be done! 

Looking around the house...
Kitchen sink still plugged so the plunger is in the sink for the next go-round:( The dishes are done via plastic tubs on the counter! The rest of the house looks good. Maybe a little "lived in" but good! It looks like there are still a few toys left in the dogs' toy box!

From the camera...



Our "butchered" tree has really branched out and leafed out! Just in time to lose all it's leaves (soon). I love the way the Barberry and Burning Bush look in the fall. Obviously, this picture is taken from the field facing the house.

On my prayer list...

  • A friend who asked that I pray for her. She is not sure where God wants her to be so would like some direction.
  • Direction as to where to give our Christmas Jar this year.
  • Friends who are going through difficulties.
Bible verse/devotional:
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." Romans 10:9, 10

Have a great day and I hope you get a little time for crafting, reading or whatever makes you truly happy!

Kat


4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure i'd go crazy with Thanksgiving & Christmas soo close together! lol!! I prefer our 2 month span! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I pretty much do! A two month span would be nice. After Thanksgiving, Christmas and visit to DD's, I am pretty much a vegetable for a month!

      Delete
  2. LOL on your bedside table starting to look like a Jenga puzzle.

    It's been pretty cold here by us and we've already got frost every morning, I'm thinking we're going to be getting some snow pretty early this year.

    Hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My DD has a matching Jenga puzzle beside her bed so it must run in the family!

      We got our first frost last night...just a light one so the killing frost is still coming.

      Delete