Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Gently Falling Live Simply

Another beautiful day in Eastern Oregon! I could really get used to these beautiful 70 degree days! 

Yesterday I worked on my 10 cards in 30 minutes. Well, it didn't go quite that easy for me but I still did pretty good. The Burlap Ribbon gave me a few fits but I finally got it to working okay. Then I ran out of Very Vanilla card stock! I have more coming tomorrow so have the insides of 4 cards left to go! I should be able to mail out my downline cards on Thursday and will have my customer thank you cards ready by then too. 

Today I am going to visit a group that my upline, Vicki, has going. She has invited me so many times but it has never worked out till today. So excited to see what projects she has for her ladies to do! 


I have been wanting the Gently Falling stamp set since it came out in the Holiday Catalog a couple years ago. It is one of the more spendy sets so I kept putting it off but finally took the plunge and ordered it last month! I am sooo happy! I have a big smile on my face the whole time I am using this beautiful Two-step stamp set:D For this card I stamped off for the solid stamp and used the ink full strength for the outline stamp--gorgeous! The Gently Falling stamp set is 25% off on a special sale Stampin' Up! is having to celebrate their 25th Anniversary. Check out the 25% off 25 Stamp Sets!

This was the first time I have ever tried the Core'dinations card stock! Oh. What. Fun! I ran it though the Big Shot using the Wood Grain Embossing Folder and then sanded it to let the core show through. I will definitely be using more of this! Right now you can get the Core'dinations card stock in three or four colors at the Stampin' Up! Clearance Rack. The Ribbon Slide is also on the Clearance Rack. To place an order, email me or go to www.stampinup.com and choose me (Kathy Skinner, Arlington, OR) as your demonstrator if you don't already have someone!

The card was CASEd from one I saw on Pinterest by Christine Miller at My Stamp Lady. Thank you Christine for this great use of the Gently Falling stamp set!

For the card above I used the following Stampin' Up! products:

  • Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Early Espresso Core'dinations card stock
  • Stamp Sets: Trust God and Gently Falling
  • Ink: Old Olive, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie
  • Other: Black grosgrain ribbon (unknown source); ribbon slide, Glue Dots and Dimensionals
I really got chatty today! Good thing I don't do that every day! But that is the norm for me...my mom didn't call me Chatty Kathy for nothing!

Well, better get going so I can make it to Vicki's group! Tomorrow, another card!



No comments:

Post a Comment