|Happy Homemaker "button" courtesy of Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom|
The weather...It's 38 degrees and the wind is blowing! We've had some rain in the last couple of days which was needed but now the wind will dry everything up again.
Right now I am...Sitting in front of the wood stove, drinking Yerba Mate tea, enjoying the quiet:)
Thinking...about all the things I need to do today.
On my reading pile...Finishing up Angels at the Table by Debbie Macomber (will probably finish that today). I have been knitting so watching more TV and not reading as much.
On my TV...
- Downton Abbey
- Cash Cab and The Chew while walking on the treadmill
- Hallmark movies on SpiritClips when I want to knit:)
Favorite blog post this week (mine or other)...
Chasing Simplicity by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. This one really touched my heart because we also choose to live a simple life and I am frequently asked, why??? The peace it brings to my soul would be the best answer:)
Something fun to share...The I Like Book. It is a book for the parent to write things they like about their child and for the child to add things they like about themselves. The book is meant to be written in over a one year period of time. What a great idea! Sometimes we don't remember to tell our kids what we appreciate about them and they need to hear even the little things.
On the menu for this week...Ugh! I don't feel like cooking! I normally love to cook but not right now:( However, we still have to eat!
Tuesday--Tacos with Quinoa Taco Burger (I could eat these every day)
Wednesday--Vegetable Stew with Dumplings
Thursday--Garbanzo Pot Pie with green salad
Friday--Potato Corn Chowder--works good as an end of the week wind-down meal for us
On my "to do" list:
- Thank you cards--make and send (it's starting to get embarrassing)
- The Cupboard Trilogy DT project
- Get February Card Swap organized and emails sent
- Walk on the treadmill 3 x this week
- Clean out the refrigerator
- Send one handwritten note via snail mail:) I am going to try to send one per week--missed last week so will try to send two this week.
- Finish editing short story for friend and get it sent off to her.
What I am sewing, knitting, crocheting, crafting...
- Well, obviously I will be paper crafting the thank you cards and DT project
- Finished knitting the Center Row Lace Headband/Neck Warmer for a friend from a pattern I found on Ravelry by Rewind Knit & Crochet.
- Need to pick up the socks I was working on and need to finish. I put them down at the point where I was turning the heel and am intimidated to pick them back up. However, I could tear out to the point where I started turning the heel and could easily do it from there. Hmmm...maybe socks and a movie this afternoon???
- Still working on the gift for a special friend:)
Homemaking tips...I haven't tried this one yet but read about it on...Pinterest, of course! I am planning to try it today because my heels are so dry and cracked--ouch! You dissolve 1 cup of Epsom Salt in a foot tub of very warm (but not too hot) water. Soak your feet for 30-45 minutes (good time to read or knit) then use a soft brush (they suggested a tooth brush) to rub the dry skin off. I will let you know how it works:)
Looking around the house...Fortunately not too bad:) Dog toys and dogs in the living room; bed needs to be made; flowers hubby bought me last week need to have water changed (vinegar and sugar solution in water working great); laundry needs to go in the dryer.
From the camera...
|Our sweet Graycee napping on her cat post:)|
On my prayer list...A very special friend who is going through the itching that I went through recently. He has had the tests done but is just waiting for the results. Also praying for family and friends who are struggling either financially or spiritually.
Bible verse; Devotional...
"Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all mean. The Lord be with you all." 2 Thessalonians 3:16
I hope you have a wonderful day filled with God's peace in your heart!