I got really confused yesterday morning when I looked at Carla's blog, My 1/2 Dozen Daily and she had posted 5 Things Friday. I thought I was confused about the days but then realized that she was a day ahead; I wasn't a day behind! But since I had already planned my Thankful Thursday, I decided to put 5 Things Friday where it belongs...on FRIDAY!!! LOL
So, here are my 5 random things I want to share with you...
1. Hubby brought me a bouquet of beautiful flowers this week. He said with all of the fog and ice he thought I might need some pretty flowers to cheer me up!
2. I purchased a package of Hexagon templates/instructions and an Add-a-Quarter ruler. I am looking forward to exploring the world of Hexagons. Please tell me they aren't as addicting as the Yo-Yos!
3. Have you heard of the Sock Bun? Well, I was reading about it on Pinterest and realized we used to have these in...hmmm, was it the 60s? We had a brown thing you used and made a nice bun with it. Nothing is new under the sun, is it? Anyway, I have been waiting for someone around here to wear a hole in their sock so I could cut the toe off and make myself a Sock Bun. Not to fear, someone has already thought of this dilemma! Through Pinterest I found Crochet Dynamite and her instructions to make what she calls Better Than a Sock Bun! I will be crocheting one of these bun shapers soon:)
4. I am reading Debbie Macomber's Angels at the Table. It was on my Christmas Wish List and DD got it for me:) The angels, Shirley, Goodness and Mercy will make you belly laugh with their antics!
5. You know those little packets of preservative that come with bouquets of flowers? Well, there is usually only enough preservative to last for one or two water changes. It is usually recommended to change the water on fresh water every other day and Costco flowers last for about two weeks. Needless to say, there isn't enough preservative. In all my reading about vinegar I read that to preserve flowers, add 2 Tablespoons White Vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar to the fresh water in the vase. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Snip the ends of the flowers at an angle (this is important at EVERY water change) and put them in the vase. Tada! Works just like the little packet or better:) Now you know what to do the next time your sweetie brings you flowers!
That's it for my 5 Things Friday! I hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend.