Wednesday, July 11, 2012

In Color Hello Doily

Better late than never! I finally got another 10 cards made and this time remembered to take pictures!!!


Oh how I love the Hello Doily stamp! I think it's because I really enjoy crocheting pineapple doilies. The inspiration for this card came as a result of the Pals Blog Hop. On the blog hop I found some great card ideas so stay tuned as I will be CASing some of them in the near future. The cards I made today (and yesterday) is from Angie's Musings and it was actually a previous blog hop. I thought it was a great way to showcase the new In Colors AND my favorite doily stamp:)


For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! products:

  • Cardstock: Raspberry Ripple, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green and Whisper White
  • Classic Stampin' Pads: Raspberry Ripple, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit and Gumball Green
  • Stamps: Hello Doily, Tea Shoppe (inside) and Day of Gratitude (sentiment)
  • Punches: Scallop Oval, Large Oval
  • Other: Dimensionals



I ended up making 21 of these cards altogether as I always need thank you cards!


I'm not sure which of the new In Colors is my favorite because I love them all--separate and together. AND I LOVE the new Classic Stampin' Pads!!! It takes a little practice to change old habits but once you get the hang of lightly tapping the stamp on the pad it is great! I get a much better stamped image with the new stamp pads! I only have them in the new In Colors at the moment but am looking forward to getting some of my favorite colors in the new stamp pads as well--like Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie:) One-new-pad-at-a-time!


Be sure to check out the Pals Blog Hop--you won't be sorry--lots of inspiration!


Kat

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Kat! Happy Birthday to you! (and B chimes in with, "and many more!" Please post a photo of your chair, seems like I never make it over there anymore. Need a REAL horse & buggy and could turn it into a road trip getting there and back LOL

    ReplyDelete