Thursday, April 24, 2014

U is for Uncoordinated

I feel like I am starting to lag a little behind with this A to Z Blogging Challenge!  But no matter how much I lag behind, I will finish:)


To give you a complete picture of ME, I need to tell you that I am terribly uncoordinated and have been since I could walk. My mom says that as a toddler/child I would trip over the pattern in the linoleum and it wasn't even raised. My husband has asked many times if it is possible for me to stay upright!

Part of the problem could be that I am pigeon-toed and knock kneed:( I look great in a pair of shorts...NOT! Fortunately my daughter didn't inherit this problem from me but my niece got it instead--poor thing!

I read some studies showing the Vitamin D3 was helpful to prevent falls in people living in Assisted Living Facilities and Nursing Homes so I thought I should try it. I started taking the Vitamin D3  about 5 years ago and I do think it has been helpful.

So, that's one more little tidbit about me!

Have a great day!

Kat



8 comments:

  1. I laughed at this one! I, too, will fall over in a slight breeze. People my age should not have skinned knees!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are sooo funny! I know! People our age shouldn't have skinned knees...but I do!

      Delete
  2. What a wonderfully honest post. I am pretty coordinated, but I do suffer from moments of ditziness.
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, my ditzy moments are many! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Kathy, thanks for dropping by my blog and I appreciate the comment. Funny you should mention being pigeon toes, because I am too. I'm hard on shoes and my second toe, on each foot, curves outward....it's pretty odd :)

    Anyway, glad i'm not alone in my pigeon-toedness :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are a lot of us out there! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Are you my twin? Are are we a special body type? Pigeon toed and knock kneed! I married a guy whose feet turn out at a 45 degree angle. Some of our children (poor things) have my knock knees and his turned out feet! There's room for everyone! Those who are "model perfect" are the genetic freaks of nature. The rest of us are REAL. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so funny! As a child I was so knock kneed that my knees were constantly bruised! One of my favorite books is Velveteen Rabbit because I want to be real:)

      Delete