Today is Day 12 of the A to Z Blogging Challenge and since I am telling you about me, A to Z, this month, I thought it was only fitting that K should be for my given name, Kathryn!
Some sources say the name Kathryn is Greek and others say English but all say the meaning is "Pure"! Not sure I was aptly named but it's a nice thought anyway. My mother got the spelling for the name off a dress shop.
As a child I was dubbed Kathy by my parents; I have been Kathy ever since. I always thought as an adult I would want to be called Kathryn because it's such an elegant name for an aging woman. However, I find that as I stand on the brink of 60, I much prefer the sassy name Kat! Many of my close friends call me Kat; sister-in-law calls me Kit-Kat.
This is one of my favorite pictures of myself when I was little. It was my first grade picture and I was six years old. The funny thing is that previous to this picture, my hair was long enough for a pony tail but my mom had it chopped off and permed before the picture. Thanks, mom!
I'm not sure if I was 8 or 9 in this picture. Fortunately my mom didn't do the frizz-head thing with my hair before this picture!
So, what have you learned about me so far this month?
- I was born and raised in Ashland, Oregon
- I love to blog
- I also enjoy knitting, crocheting and cardmaking
- I have two dogs--a Great Dane and an English Bulldog
- I hate exercise but do it because I want to age gracefully
- I am the oldest of four children; I have a sister and two brothers
- I am a Gramma to one beautiful granddaughter
- I have Fibromyalgia; am allergic to peanuts, watermelon, dairy and eggs
- I love ice cream but eat the non-dairy stuff and also eat pizza with no cheese
- I am choosing Joy as my theme this year
- From the picture below you will learn that I have long, dark hair; wear glasses and have a big smile!
I'm not sure what more there is to tell about me but I'll think of something even if I have to make it up...just kidding!!!
Sunday is a day off for the blogging challenge but I will be back Sunday night for Carla's Sunday Night Chit-Chat:)
|I really need to get a new picture of myself! I take pictures of everyone else but I am usually the one behind the camera, not in front of it! This one was taken with my brother's phone!|