Just a reminder that for the A to Z Challenge, I am trying to keep my posts shorter than normal. I hope you are enjoying the Challenge! I have visited some amazing blogs and will share some of those with you later this week.
Last year for the A to Z Blogging Challenge I used Grandma for the letter G but blogged about my very special grandma. This year I am blogging about being a Gramma to my precious granddaughter:)
My son-in-law asked me from the beginning NOT to post pictures of my granddaughter online or to use her name so that is why those things are missing from this post.
I became a Gramma almost 9 years ago at the age of 50 (I turned 51 about 3 weeks later). It really changed my life!
Being a Gramma means...
- I go to visit her every three months--twice a year for one whole week:)
- I get to buy American Girl and Barbie dolls
- We do lots of crafting when I visit
- I want to be for her the kind of person my Grandma was for me
- Looking at EVERYTHING differently--the trip to Wildlife Safari was truly amazing because I got to see it through her eyes!
- I exercise and take care of myself so I can keep up with her
I am so thankful to my son-in-law and daughter for making me a Gramma! It is truly a great experience. Now, if my son would just get married and give me a few more grandchildren I would be ecstatic!!! Not sure how I would afford more though!
Do you have grandchildren? Did they change your life? Was your grandmother a big influence in your life.