Welcome to Day 11 of the A to Z Blogging Challenge!
J is for Joy:)
So sorry this one is late posting! I usually schedule for 6:00 am but somehow this one scheduled for 7:00 pm:( I should have checked!
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Galations 5:22-23
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Romans 15:13
- A feeling of great pleasure and happiness.
At the beginning of this year, I dubbed 2014 as the year I Choose Joy! I borrowed the phrase from Ashley Hackshaw at lil blue boo. She blogged about Joy the whole month of January! If you have a chance, read her January posts...you will be so inspired! She.is.amazing!!!
So, what am I doing to promote Joy in my life this year?
- Spending time reading my Bible
- Letting go of harmful relationships. You have no idea how freeing this is!!!
- Decluttering my craft room--it's going slow but it is going:) I thought I might play "Let it Go" from Frozen in a continuous loop while I am working! LOL
- Finishing projects -- I have two afghans beside my bed that need to be finished; does that count?
- Send at least one handwritten (or typed if my hand isn't cooperating) note per week -- I need to step it up on this one...lagging behind! I want to share Joy with others this year as well.
- Practice contentment --most days I am content!
- Spend at least one hour per day being creative -- I haven't felt very creative lately:(
- Work up business expenses for taxes on the first of each month instead of waiting till December! I have been able to keep up with this one so it will be a HUGE relief when January 2015 rolls around:)
- List business contacts each month that will be needed for Christmas cards in December. Hmmm...think I am a month behind on this one but it will be quick catchup!
- Start buying/making and wrapping Christmas gifts in January--NOW! I have been working on this one and am pretty much where I want to be.
- Write Christmas letter for family and friends by November 5--update first of December. N/A
- Schedule blog posts ahead -- Still blogging "in the moment" but maybe that will be part of my Joy:)
Actually the Joy button I made at the top of the post makes me pretty happy!!! Don't you love that Polka Dotted layer?
Tomorrow is the letter K. Can you guess what K is for??? Here's a hint: I am blogging about ME this month! Just trying to help you get to know me just a little bit better!