This is not the post I planned today but sometimes you just go with what you've got! I know some of you are wondering when I am ever going to show some more cards and they are made, I just need to get them photographed! They are coming, I promise.
In the meantime, it is time to update you on my January no-low spend challenge! Woo Hoo! I am doing MUCH better this year than I did last year (imagine my happy face)!!! If you are new to my blog or didn't get in on my original January Challenge post you can check it out here. I adjusted my dates a little to make each a full week so this is how the Challenge looks so far...
Week 1 (January 1-8) -- spent $18.95 to join Weight Watchers Online on January 3 using money I had saved for this purchase so I am not counting this purchase in the challenge. I meant to sign up before January 1 but it just didn't happen! Also, hubby and I have an agreement that if I lose an average of 1 1/2 pounds per week, he will reimburse me for the Weight Watchers Online fee:)
Week 2 (January 9-16) -- I was paid $54.64 from Stampin' Up! on January 9; spent $25.98 on stamping supplies on January 10. Bought Crochet Scarf pattern online for $5.50 on January 13.
Week 3 (January 17-24) --
- Advanced Healing Ointment (compare to Eucerin Aquaphore) ... $9.92
- Advanced Healing Ointment tube for purse ... 2.96
- Sport Card Plastic Sleeves (individual) to make punch templates ... $2.97
- Ghirardelli Squares (for stamping club project) ... $3.00
- Thrift store shopping: Gap sweater, LizWear Tee and Gloria Vanderbilt capris (with tag still on them--thinking spring here) and audio book ... $9.00
- Earned $20 last night selling stamp sets I no long need or want plus $10 for class fees
Sooo, this is how the numbers look this week...
- Starting balance $200.00
- Earned $84.64 bringing balance to $284.64
- Spent $59.33
- Ending balance $225.31
Pretty good if I do stay so myself!!! I have one more full week to go in this Challenge and I think I will come out pretty good. I have a stamping order to do next week (eek!) but am going to try not to spend more than my commission. Unless you're a crafter, you have no idea how hard that is!!!
I am doing so well that I am challenging myself to save at least $500 from my allowance and stamping by April 1. Starting to hyperventilate here but give me a minute and I'll be okay:D I won't bore you with the weekly spending on that challenge, just update you at the end of each month on what the total is.
I hope you are having a GREAT day!