Monday, November 25, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday



Great new picture for the Happy Homemaker Monday courtesy of Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Sandra hosts Happy Homemaker Monday each week.

Strange thing happened this morning! I haven't heard from my niece for awhile so decided to send a quick email to check in. I sent to the email address on my iPad and got an email back saying I had sent it to the wrong person. Hmmm! So, got the trusty computer out and sure enough, the email address was so close but NOT correct! Well, it is off to my niece now so all is good!

How are you this fine (cold) Monday morning! What can I expect for November, right?!!! Do you live where it is snowing like crazy? How bizarre for it to be snowing across the southern states?!!! Well, best get on with the Happy Homemaker Monday or I will never get my housework done today!

As I look outside my window...
The sun is shining; the sky is blue! Leaves have started but not finished falling off the trees so everything just looks scraggly! The temp outside is 38 degrees (F) which is warmer than it has been but still cold in my book. So thankful for a nice warm fire:)

Right now I am...
Sitting in my chair by the wood stove, soaking up the heat and drinking a cup of Yogi Blueberry Slim Life tea. Don't know about the "slim" part but it sure is yummy! 

Thinking and pondering...
About all I have left to get done before Thanksgiving! Why oh why don't I have a housekeeper??? I love to cook and entertain but housework is a challenge for me. Don't get me wrong, my house looks okay for us but when I have company coming all of a sudden I see all the areas I haven't cleaned for a very long time. 

On my bedside table...
Working through my little Jenga pile of books:) Currently reading The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe. For our read aloud we are on the last book in Louis L'Amour's Sackett series, Lonely on the Mountain.

On my TV tonight...
Nothing! I think this will be a reading night:)

Playing on the radio...
Nothing! House is quiet except for the snore of our English Bulldog, Rocky!

On the menu for this week...

Monday -- leftover Mizidra (just me at home today)
Tuesday -- Baked potatoes and squash, cauliflower
Wednesday -- Vegetable Stew and green salad
Thursday -- Thanksgiving: Tofurky, bread dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, Brussels sprouts, green salad with homemade dressing. Plus pies: Pumpkin and Pecan with Coconut Milk Whipped Topping
Friday -- Leftovers
Saturday -- Potato Leek Soup
Sunday -- ???

On my to do list...

  • Clean the Casita (guest apartment)
  • Laundry
  • Make a few more cards
  • Clean out the refrigerator
  • Shampoo carpet (hoping to get hubby to help with this one)
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting, or creating...
  • As soon as Thanksgiving is over, I need to get my sewing machine out and start making doll clothes! I want to have at least 4 outfits made to give my granddaughter with her American Girl doll for Christmas. 
  • Still putting my granny squares together; might take this on vacation with me.
  • Planning to make some dishtowels that hang with matching dish cloths.
  • Socks on hold (again)! I need to get with my friend Barb to figure out where I went wrong. Of course, I could always rip out and start again!!!
My simple pleasure...
Holding hands with my hubby while we watch a movie or drive somewhere. I never get tired of it!

Lesson learned the past week...
Some people just are not trustworthy no matter how much you try to give them the benefit of the doubt!

Looking around the house...
The dogs are stretched out in front of the wood stove, enjoying the heat! Breakfast dishes need to be done and living room needs straightening. I love my house. It is simple but oh so comfortable! 

From the camera...



Just as the sun was going down last night I saw these interesting clouds and had to snap a few pictures! The clouds were almost curly!


I moved over a little to get this one! All I could say was WOW!

Prayer List...

  • Nephew and his wife who are expecting their first child. Complications and need prayer.
  • German friend living in China for several months.
  • Housing for family in Washington
  • Mother's health
  • Sister's upcoming hip surgery; needs someone to care for her following surgery.
  • My attitude toward uncharitable individuals
Bible verse/Devotional...
"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:16

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic shot! i've never seen that kind of cloud formation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shot, beautiful :)

    Isn't it always like that though, even if the house is clean we seem to want it extra clean for company. It's crazy.

    I sure do hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete