Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday


Welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday! Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom is our weekly host so be sure to hop on over to her blog to see what's up!

So let's get started!

As I look outside my window...
The clouds are rolling in:( It was bright and sunny this morning. Cold, but sunny! The temperature dipped to a low of 32 degrees (F) and doesn't look like it will get over 45 degrees today. I think the weather report is predicting rain for tomorrow.

Right now I am...
Cooking some lunch/dinner while writing this post. I just fed hubby and the electrician who is hooking up our new solar array so now it is time to think about something for me.

Thinking and pondering...
I have been trying to decide on a menu for Thanksgiving; thinking about the swap card I want to make six of; thinking about projects for my next Happy Stampers Club.

On my bedside table...
  • Still reading How to be Organized in Spite of Yourself by Sunny Schlenger and Roberta Roesch.
  • Starting Me and My Sisters by Sinead Moriarty (recommendation from DD)
  • Read aloud: Ride the Dark Trail by Louis L'Amour (only one more book to go in the Sackett series after this one)
On my TV tonight...
Maybe a little of The Voice but not sure. 

Playing on the radio...Nothing!

On the menu for this week...
Tuesday -- Leftover Curried French Green Lentil Soup (add some kale, extra carrots and potatoes) on Basmati rice
Wednesday --
Thursday --
Friday -- Potato Corn Chowder (didn't end up having last week)
Saturday -- Potluck at Church
Sunday -- Mizidra

On my to do list...
  • Make swap cards
  • Dishes--camping style!
  • Laundry
  • Clean kitchen
  • My list of 20 (deep cleaning) things to do before Thanksgiving
  • Finish organizing/cleaning my office
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...
  • Cards
  • Crocheting the blocks together for my Granny Square Afghan
My simple pleasure...
Spending a couple of uninterrupted hours at my craft table:) Bliss!

Lesson learned the past week...
I had something and was going to write it down (and didn't) but then forgot what it was so I must not have learned it very well:(

Looking around the house...
  • Kitchen is a disaster after cooking lunch/dinner! Kitchen sink still not draining so hubby will most likely have to cut out a section of pipe under the house and replace it (he is NOT looking forward to this job).
  • Dogs enjoying the heat from the wood stove.
  • Everything pretty tidy if you don't look at the kitchen.
From the camera...


Our new solar array that is being hooked up today. And yes, I do have a post planned:) The windows are part of the greenhouse. The greenhouse is covered with Lexan to allow light and heat in. Hubby has shade cloth to pull across the ceiling when it gets too hot.

On my prayer list...
  • Friend who lost her husband in September
  • Brother
  • Sister in need of hip surgery
  • Family needing a house; currently living in a motel
Bible verse/Devotional...
"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."   James 1:5



2 comments:

  1. Your blog is lovely, Kat. I have just gone over to FOLLOW YOU. Hope you will come by my blog for a visit and FOLLOW ME if you wish. I cannot see easily where you are from. I'm from Canada. MY BLOG is
    www.creationsbylouise.blogspot.ca
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for becoming my newest Follower! I checked out your blog and am now YOUR newest Follower! Great blog, Louise! WOW! Are we the mutual admiration society or what?!!!

      Delete