Friday, June 1, 2012

Garbanzo Oat Burgers

The picture looks more like oatmeal cookies than a delicious savory patty. These are good on a bun with all the toppings, with gravy or cold from the refrigerator! This has been a go-to recipe for me for about 30 years. It is gluten free, vegan, and very yummy! I hope you will make some soon so you can see how really good they are. I usually triple the batch because that uses a whole can of garbanzo beans.


Garbanzo Oat Burgers


1/2 cup soaked or canned garbanzos
1/2 cup water
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup finely chopped walnuts (I use about 1 1/2 cups when I triple the batch)
1/2 cup onion, minced
2 buds garlic, finely minced or pressed 
2 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
2 Tablespoons gluten free soy sauce (or 1/4 teaspoon celery seed powder)
salt to taste


Whiz garbanzos and water together in blender. Pour into bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Let stand for about 30 minutes. Stir. Form into burgers and brown for approximately 5 minutes on each side in skillet.


Super simple; quick and easy:)


Thanks for stopping by and I will be back on Sunday for the Sunday Night Chit-Chat! I think I'm addicted:) Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment