This month I created two Design Team projects for The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges! Usually I feel really lucky to get just one done plus commenting on my share of the entries. Last month we had an amazing 75 entries--WOW! There were some pretty amazing cards entered! The theme for September is Male--my hardest category! However, when I think of Male cards, my mind immediately goes to The Open Sea stamp set by Stampin' Up! Love it!!! So that is the first one I took out to make this card...
I started out by deciding I wanted to make a 5" x 5" square card. Then I decided to create a background for my ship so stamped the log image in Crumb Cake and the world image in Early Espresso. Looking at it now, I think I would stamp the world image in Soft Suede but it is what it is:) My son saw this card and loved it so I guess when I finish the inside it will be his birthday card come November.
For this card I used the following Stampin' Up supplies:
- Card Stock: Midnight Muse, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla
- Classic Stampin' Pads: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Midnight Muse
- The Open Sea Stamp Set
- Punches: 1 3/8" Circle and 1 1/4" Circle
- Other: Stampin' Sponges, Dimensionals, Antique Brad and Linen Thread
For my second card I pulled out a retired favorite, . So what to do that I hadn't already done?!!! Nothing fancy but...
This time I decided cut my card stock at 4 1/4" x 11" and folded it in half to make the card 4 1/4" X 5 1/2", then laid it on it's side (opening on the right).
For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! supplies:
- Card Stock: Midnight Muse (can you tell I love that color!), Bashful Blue (retired) and Whisper White
- Ink: Midnight Muse and White Craft Ink
- On the Fly Stamp Set (retired)
- 7/16" Burlap Inspired Trim--Love it!!!
This one was super quick and easy! Move that left hand fishy to left a little bit and it would be "perfect"!
I have so many things backed up over the last month that I want to share with you but will just go one day at a time and do what I can do!
Thank you for stopping by today! I have more for you tomorrow so be sure to visit again!