Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday


Hello and Happy Monday to you! Also Happy Labor Day! Actually, Hubby and DS are laboring on the deck at the moment; replacing boards that were rotting after nearly 20 years in the elements.

Welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday hosted each week by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Thanks, Sandra! Okay, let's get started...

The weather...We started out with a cool morning but it is heating up fast so will likely be in the high 90s today! We have a few clouds and some wind.

Right now I am...Waiting for the dishes in the dishwasher to cool off so I can put them away and waiting for the laundry to finish in the washing machine so I can hang it out.

Thinking...About all the cards I need to get made today.

On my reading pile...The Iodine Crisis by Lynn Farrow; The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts (book 2 in The Inn Boonsboro Trilogy); 350 Best Vegan Recipes (yes, I read recipe books); and our read aloud is Galloway by Louis L'Amour (another book in the Sackett series)

On my TV...Nothing! I was hoping to watch Secret Millionaire last night but it wasn't on. I have been reading a lot.

On the menu for this week...I will start planning menus next month. For now, it's whatever sounds good at the moment.

On my to do list...

  • Pack up some stuff to take to the thrift store
  • Make about 30 cards
  • Clean out refrigerator
  • Trip to town tomorrow to deliver Stampin' Up! and take stuff to thrift store
In the craft basket...
  • Granny Square afghan--I will get back to it when it cools down a little; probably later this month.
  • Socks--I took the sock apart I was working on and have it knitted through the heel flap and am working on the gusset. I have to take it apart again to the end of the heel flap cuz something's funny but will work through it. Hopefully will have at least one finished sock by next week. 
Looking forward to this week...I am looking forward to seeing friends tomorrow and to doing some stamping this week.

Looking around the house...Dining room table is littered with mail and books from the weekend. It tends to be our drop spot:( Kitchen is clean; dogs are sleeping in the living room. Hubby and DS had to make a run for more lumber (1 1/2 to the store and the same back).

From the camera...

Hubby found the Dave's Killer Bread Store in Clackamas last week!
He brought home lots of good sprouted wheat bread:)
On my prayer list...
  • My granddaughter as she starts school this week--3rd grade.
  • Joan, an 82 year young friend who has started sharing her faith through a blog I helped her create. This is helping her cope with the loss of her husband and her failing health. You can visit her at Vital Concerns. Leave her a comment or send her an email to encourage her:)
  • Some friends making poor choices.
Bible Verse; Devotional...
"For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10

Well, it looks like even with several interruptions, I still made it through this post! I will be back tomorrow with my Design Team projects for The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges. I actually did two this month!

Have a great day and a wonderful week!

Kat



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. This bread is sooo good--even better than homemade! There are so many yummy seeds in and on this bread--sunflower, pumpkin, sesame (two kinds) and flax! Crunchy, chewy and delicious!

      Delete