Today when I picked up my mail at the Post Office, there was a package from Loni Holt--the blog candy I won! What a cute kleenex holder using Stampin' Up! fabric (retired but a favorite of mine)! You can check out Loni's blog at Loni's Life! No more tissues in a ziplock bag for me!
I was working like crazy getting the 11 cards finished that I needed to send for a VC Rocks Swap! Why do I get myself into these things?!!! Because I love the cards I get in return, that's why. However, with my Fibromyalgia, when I get stressed I get headaches, body aches, and start shutting down mentally:( So not fun! I just need to pace myself a little better.
So, I had this project...the 11 cards...that needed to get done and I had a great card I was going to CASE from Connie Stewart at Simply Simple Stamping. She made it look so easy but after 5 tries I had to give it up! I am usually not so easily stumped. So then I thought I would WOW everyone with the Swallowtail Butterfly Surprise Card but alas couldn't make that one work either! So, this is what I finally came up with...
This was a little out of the box for me because I usually don't do bright colors and this is definitely bright! But I love it! Don't you love the border stamp?!!!
This is called a Tri-fold Card and the picture above is what it looks like when opened.
For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! supplies:
- Card Stock: Whisper White, Island Indigo and Pool Party
- Quatrefancy Specialty Designer Series Paper
- Stamp Sets: Mosaic Madness, Sassy Salutations and Papillon Potpourri
- Classic Stampin' Pads: Island Indigo and Strawberry Slush
- Other: Basic Rhinestone; Mini Glue Dots
So far on my card list I have made 16 Thank You Cards (all sent out); 13 of the card above (10 of them sent out as we only ended up with 9 in the swap) and two birthday cards (also sent)! I have the following to get finished in the next week:
- Graduation Card
- Bridal Shower Card
- Father's Day Cards (2 done and 2 left to do)
- Anniversary Card for Hubby
- 2 Baby Cards
- 3 projects for the next Happy Stampers Club
- Congratulations card for new downline member--Yay! Charina!!!
Well, that's it for me today! Wait till you see what I have to show you tomorrow!