Monday, June 3, 2013

Creative Elements Birthday


My card today is the one I did as my design team project for The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge for June. I had a hard time getting it to photograph well but this is pretty close to "real life"! I love the colors pink and gray together and this card did not disappoint! Usually I try to do something a little bit fancy for my design team project but this month I went with Clean and Simple! There's a lot of elegance in Clean and Simple:)

I used the background image in the Creative Elements stamp set to stamp on the Basic Gray card stock in Basic Gray ink. I also used the same image in Pink Pirouette to stamp on the white but used the stamp-off technique to make it very light. Pink Pirouette is a very light pink and I wanted to flowers to show up so had to make the background image even lighter by stamping-off. If you're not familiar with stamping-off, it is when you ink up your stamp, stamp once (lightly) on a scrap piece of paper and then on your card stock. 

For this project I used the following Stampin' Up! supplies:

  • Card Stock: Whisper White, Pink Pirouette and Basic Gray
  • Stamp Sets: Creative Elements, Papillon Potpourri and On Your Birthday (retired)
  • Classic Stampin' Pads: Pink Pirouette and Basic Gray
  • Other: Sponge Dauber (to color in butterfly); Elegant Butterfly Punch; Basic Rhinestone
The new Stampin' Up! Catalog started last Friday! If you would like to browse, click the button on my side-bar for a pdf version of this fabulous new catalog! If you would like to order, click the "email me" button on the side bar or go to the Stampin' Up! website, order and choose me, Kathy Skinner, as your demonstrator (if you don't already have one.

I will be back this afternoon with my Happy Homemaker Monday!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment