Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday Afternoon/Night Chit-Chat

I don't remember what this lily is called--do you know?

My picture today is of a lily we got as a gift several years ago. It blooms for a brief time but is gorgeous while it's in bloom:) That dirty window is the greenhouse window, not my house window! 

So glad you could join me for the Sunday Afternoon/Night Chit-Chat this week! Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily is our host each week. She will have some amazing reveals coming up next week that you won't want to miss. She designs for Warp & Weft (a Canadian company) so has some amazing fabrics to work with. She also has an amazing eye for purchasing fabrics that are beautiful and just a little big trendy! Check out her blog to see what she's up to this week!

Sooo, let's get started on this week's chit-chat!

I am...


  • Reading: Ah, I told you last week I was going to read The Covenant by Beverly Lewis but started Quentins by Maeve Binchy instead:) So far, so good. My hubby saw me reading this morning and said, "Starting another book?" I said, "Always!" He reads a lot of news stuff on the internet but doesn't read a lot of books. However, after 34 years, you'd think he would be used to me reading books! Hmmm...
  • Listening to: Our English Bulldog snoring. He has such a sweet "little" snore! I thought I would find it annoying but it is somehow comforting.
  • Watching: We are going to watch Safe Harbor today! Besides that, I am looking forward to Next Great Baker on Wednesday night! I am really enjoying this show but missed the bread baking competition last week because of stamping club.
  • Cooking/Baking: Today is pinto beans and rice; tortillas optional:) Friday I made a big pasta salad and yesterday was baked potatoes and baked Butternut Squash! We really do eat pretty good around here--simple but good!
  • Happy you accomplished this week: Stamping Club done and the order for this month placed.
  • Looking forward to next week: Stamping order will be coming in Wednesday or Thursday--whoo hoo, first order from the new catalog!!! Also looking forward to taking A LOT of stuff to the thrift store! It needs to leave my house!
  • Thankful for today: My darling granddaughter turned 8 years old today! We will celebrate with her on the 4th of July! I talked to her on the phone this morning--she is growing up so fast. She is now a 3rd grader! It seems like just yesterday that she started Kindergarten:(
  • Bonus Question - What was your least favourite part and your most favourite part of the last week? Hmmm...most favorite would have to be my Happy Stampers Club--great bunch of ladies and we always have such a good time! The least favorite would have to be getting ready for stamping club because I always procrastinate so am pressured. It is all worth it though when I get to the meeting and everyone is so complimentary of the projects and they have so much fun! One of the stampers calls it her "Calgon moment!" If you remember that, you're nearly as old as me:P I feel the same way...after I get there! These ladies are my monthly therapy! Don't know what I would do without them!
Okay, that's it for my chit-chat this week! I don't know if there will be a Happy Homemaker Monday this week because Sandra is in the process of moving from Arizona to Idaho but if there is, I will join in this week!

Kat

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, a flower question I actually know the answer too. That's a calla lily. I know because I once foolishly allowed myself to be talked into decorating a friend's wedding cake (thank goodness for ready-to-roll icing and hotels who take pity on clueless people and smooth everything down again) and she was getting a flower arrangement made to put on top of it using the black calla lilies she loved. Actually a very deep purple, so deep it's nearly black is what she told me and I was supposed to buy ribbon to match before ever seeing the flowers. I bought about ten different colours of people ribbon and what she actually got on the day was a pink/wine colour just a few shades darker than the one in your photo. Which left me tearing around south county Dublin trying to find some ribbon to match (got enough to do three sides and the hotel came to the rescue again with some pins to keep it in place and fake ivy to hide the gap at the back). Gorgeous flowers but will forever be associated with that very hot morning for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for answering my flower question! Now I know what to call it:)

      Delete
  2. You're quite creative with the stamping. I've watched Next Great Baker the past 2 seasons but this year we don't have cable and our hard drive is getting full, lol. Sounds like you had a good day. Hope the week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to leave a comment last night, but your blog was having no part of it! lol! So let's try it again! ;)

    Thanks so much for your kind words, Kat!! You are awesome my friend! :)

    I love english bulldogs and saw the *cutest* pic of a puppy the other day.. was just sooo sweet! Maybe one day i'll have one to keep my company! ;)

    Healthy simple food is the BEST food! :) I get "bored" sometimes of my simple food, but I know it's the food God meant for everyone to eat! Healthy & real, non processed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The commenting can be temperamental at times:( Bulldogs are cute but high maintenance! We do love him though!

      Yes, I definitely feel better when I eat simply.

      Delete