|I don't remember what this lily is called--do you know?|
My picture today is of a lily we got as a gift several years ago. It blooms for a brief time but is gorgeous while it's in bloom:) That dirty window is the greenhouse window, not my house window!
So glad you could join me for the Sunday Afternoon/Night Chit-Chat this week! Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily is our host each week. She will have some amazing reveals coming up next week that you won't want to miss. She designs for Warp & Weft (a Canadian company) so has some amazing fabrics to work with. She also has an amazing eye for purchasing fabrics that are beautiful and just a little big trendy! Check out her blog to see what she's up to this week!
Sooo, let's get started on this week's chit-chat!
- Reading: Ah, I told you last week I was going to read The Covenant by Beverly Lewis but started Quentins by Maeve Binchy instead:) So far, so good. My hubby saw me reading this morning and said, "Starting another book?" I said, "Always!" He reads a lot of news stuff on the internet but doesn't read a lot of books. However, after 34 years, you'd think he would be used to me reading books! Hmmm...
- Listening to: Our English Bulldog snoring. He has such a sweet "little" snore! I thought I would find it annoying but it is somehow comforting.
- Watching: We are going to watch Safe Harbor today! Besides that, I am looking forward to Next Great Baker on Wednesday night! I am really enjoying this show but missed the bread baking competition last week because of stamping club.
- Cooking/Baking: Today is pinto beans and rice; tortillas optional:) Friday I made a big pasta salad and yesterday was baked potatoes and baked Butternut Squash! We really do eat pretty good around here--simple but good!
- Happy you accomplished this week: Stamping Club done and the order for this month placed.
- Looking forward to next week: Stamping order will be coming in Wednesday or Thursday--whoo hoo, first order from the new catalog!!! Also looking forward to taking A LOT of stuff to the thrift store! It needs to leave my house!
- Thankful for today: My darling granddaughter turned 8 years old today! We will celebrate with her on the 4th of July! I talked to her on the phone this morning--she is growing up so fast. She is now a 3rd grader! It seems like just yesterday that she started Kindergarten:(
- Bonus Question - What was your least favourite part and your most favourite part of the last week? Hmmm...most favorite would have to be my Happy Stampers Club--great bunch of ladies and we always have such a good time! The least favorite would have to be getting ready for stamping club because I always procrastinate so am pressured. It is all worth it though when I get to the meeting and everyone is so complimentary of the projects and they have so much fun! One of the stampers calls it her "Calgon moment!" If you remember that, you're nearly as old as me:P I feel the same way...after I get there! These ladies are my monthly therapy! Don't know what I would do without them!
Okay, that's it for my chit-chat this week! I don't know if there will be a Happy Homemaker Monday this week because Sandra is in the process of moving from Arizona to Idaho but if there is, I will join in this week!