Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sunday Night Chit-Chat

Ah! Spring is almost here:) Hyacinths getting ready to bloom!
Welcome to the Sunday Night Chit-Chat! If you would like to join in, check in with Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily to check out the "rules"! Each Sunday Carla starts us off so here goes!

I am...

Reading...Mac Life magazine is about all at this time. For our read alouds we are reading Ride the River by Louis L'Amour (book 5 in the Sackett series) and The Christmas Pony by Melody Carlson. 

Watching...Last night we watched Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close--WOW! Great movie! This week I will be watching season one of Call of the Midwife in preparation for the start of season two starting March 31 on PBS.

Listening to...The wind howling outside! It has been a very windy day today:(

Cooking/baking...I made Mushroom Barley Soup for dinner today plus baked bread.

Happy I accomplished this week...Haven't really accomplished anything special for weeks. I am just happy when I keep up with the laundry and housework. I look forward to being able to do some "extras" soon. I know the energy is coming back, it's just slow.

Looking forward to next week...I believe my new Knitting Bag is at the post office waiting to be picked up:) I should get it tomorrow or Tuesday! Whoo Hoo!

Thankful for today...Spring is on the way! I see signs of it everywhere!

*BONUS QUESTION* Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day? We don't really do anything special. The town of Heppner which is about 45 minutes to the east of us is hugely into St. Patrick's Day; the community is largely Irish. 

Well, that's it for my Sunday Night Chit-Chat! I hope you have a wonderful evening!

Kat

4 comments:

  1. Completely forgot Spring is on the way!!!
    Thanks that made me happy, check out my Sunday Night Chit Chat
    http://wp.me/p2dJgx-gx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's because you're so busy working silly! Trust me, Spring is coming...ready or not!

      Delete
  2. Good for you keeping up with what you do; I wish I could say the same most days Kat. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if I can't get to the things I really want to do, if I can at least keep up with the basics I feel accomplished! Happy Birthday dear Cindy!!!

      Delete