Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Homemaker Button via Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom


Good Morning! And welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday! Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom initiates the Happy Homemaker Monday each week so be sure to check our her post for today to see what she's up to.

So, for today...

Weather...Cold and Windy!!! At 10:00 am it is 40 degrees but with the wind, feels MUCH colder. We had lovely weather the beginning of the month but it appears that March truly will go out like a lion!

Right now I am...Sitting with my feet up near the woodstove, laptop on my lap, writing this blog post.

Thinking...About how I really need to get the taxes ready to send off to the accountant TODAY! No more procrastinating!!! 

On my reading pile...

  • Bible
  • Mac Life Magazine
  • Ride the River by Louis L'Amour and The Christmas Pony by Melody Carlson as read alouds
On the tv...
  • Call the Midwife on Netflix. I recorded them but then saw they were on Netflix so watching Season 1 in preparation for Season 2 starting the 31st of this month on PBS.
  • I think I will watch a couple Hallmark Hall of Fame movies on SpiritClips today while working on taxes.
  • Cash Cab and The Chew while walking on the treadmill
Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other)...

Something fun to share...
If you enjoy English Bulldogs (and we do) then you will LOVE the website Baggy Bulldogs! Lots of pictures and videos! Super cute!

On the menu for the week...
In looking at last week's menu it seems we only ate a couple of the meals I had planned so this week looks like this...

Monday--Mushroom Barley Soup 
Tuesday--
Tacos
Wednesday--Stamping Club day so I will eat out
Thursday--
Baked Potatoes and Butternut Squash
Friday--Potato Corn Chowder
Saturday--Potluck so will take Tex-Mex Coleslaw and Corn Bread (I ended up taking something else last week so will try this again this week:)
Sunday--I think the guys will be off skiing so I will just eat leftovers--they didn't go last week because of lots of wind but maybe can make it this week.

On my "to do" list...
  • Laundry--3 loads today
  • Taxes
  • Get ready for Happy Stampers Club (Wednesday)
  • March Swap Card--make and send
  • My Digital Studio class assignment
  • The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges Design Team Project--make and upload
  • Walk on the treadmill
What I am sewing, knitting, crocheting or crafting...
I couldn't believe it when I read Sandra's answer to this question because I have been struggling. I am trying to make a doily that just might be beyond my skill level. I am half finished with a sock that has been sitting for so long I may just have to tear it out and start over. Maybe I'm just not in the crafting mood:( I will be making lots of cards this week and I am still really wanting to get some sewing done--long list of projects I want to make but no energy to get started. I hope I have a better answer to this question next week!

Homemaking Tips...
I really, really, really like Coconut Oil and all the things you can do with it AND all the health benefits as well. There are lots of websites telling about the uses and health benefits of coconut oil. Today I would like to share with you a tip I saw on Pinterest about using equal parts coconut oil and baking soda to make a sticky adhesive remover (like Goo Gone). You can read about it at Rosy Blu Handmade! I always have coconut oil and baking soda on hand but rarely have Goo Gone! 

Looking around the house...Dogs! Dogs! Everywhere!!! We have a Great Dane who takes up half the living room floor when he's stretched out in front of the wood stove; an English Bulldog who delights in emptying the doggy toy box and our very old Miniature Dachshund who is pretty good most of the time and takes up very little room but barks at EVERYTHING!!! I need to sweep the kitchen floor (dog hair) and make the bed but other than that, all is well:)

From the camera...


Broccoli wintered over and is HUGE! Hubby brought in a couple of heads yesterday that were almost 12" across! And it is super delicious!!!

On my prayer list...
  • Cindy--yes, Cindy it's you:)
  • My sister--she is in lots of pain but can't have surgery for another month or two.
  • My brother's vacation--a mix-up on the vacation schedule might mean he would have to cancel a vacation he's been planning for months; could mean a loss of money in cancellation fees. We should know this week if he will get the two weeks he needs for this vacation.
  • Strength and energy for me to do the things I need to do.
Bible verse; Devotional...

Today I want to share with you something I do that is a real benefit to me and those I pray for. There are many "nights" when I wake up at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning and can't go back to sleep. I could get up but my bed is so warm and my hubby is so snuggly so I lay in bed and pray the alphabet. I usually start at A but sometimes start at Z because I want to make sure the people at that end of the alphabet are prayed for too:) A side blessing is that oftentimes I pray for maybe 10 people and then fall asleep. This has really helped me to not get anxious because I can't sleep but to praise God because I woke up to pray for these people. 

Well, dear readers, I am off to see if I can get those taxes ready to go in the mail to our accountant tomorrow...Wednesday at the latest! I hope you have a wonderful day wherever you are!

Kat



2 comments:

  1. HA, we're in the same boat with the crocheting LOL I was getting frustrated because I was just stuck, I couldn't figure out what to make and everything I started, I just wasn't feeling it.

    I LOVE bulldogs, my dad always wanted one. I'll have to check out that website.

    Our taxes have been done for a month, thank goodness, I always do them right away LOL

    Hope you have a wonderful week Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will def be checking into that website. Thanks for sharing! We have a small havanese and while he doesn't take up much room he is everywhere all the time. LOL
    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete