Monday, March 4, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday


Participating in the Happy Homemaker Monday really helps to make Monday that much better! Thanks, Sandra, for starting us off each week on a positive note. You will find Sandra's blog at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The weather...It was only 30 degrees (F) when I woke up this morning at 5:00 but now at 10:00 it has warmed up to 40 degrees (F). It is windy but looks like I might have blue skies by noon.

Right now I am...Sitting in front of the wood stove with a cup of Yerba Mate. I just finished my Stampin' Up! order and am ready to settle down to do Happy Homemaker Monday.

Thinking...About what I need to do today.

On my reading pile:

  • Spiritual: Bible and Desire of Ages
  • Personal: Just magazines and catalogs for now--Weight Watchers, Better Homes and Gardens, Paper Crafts, Crochet World, Mary Maxim catalog
  • Read Alouds: Santa Cruise by Mary Higgins Clark and Jubal Sackett by Louis L'Amour--nearly finished with both of these
On my tv...Not sure this week but I want to do some crocheting so will likely find some movies on SpiritClips. I still have several episodes of McLeod's Daughter's to watch.

Favorite Blog post...
My Favorite Sin by Melane (aka Smalls)

Something fun to share:

A friend of ours is gluten intolerant and I have been told I would do well to eat more gluten free foods so was excited to find the above cookbook at Amazon! It is on my wish list! Finding gluten free cookbooks is easy these days and I have even seen some gluten free vegetarian but this was the first gluten free VEGAN I had seen.

On the menu for this week...

Monday--Pasta sauted with olive oil mushrooms, spinach, kale and garlic
Tuesday--Artichokes with big green salad
Wednesday--Tacos with Quinoa Taco Burger
Friday--
Saturday--
Sunday--Mizidra

On my "to do" list...
  • Laundry (is it ever done???)
  • Make Thank You cards (again)
  • Make Easter cards
  • Get tax stuff ready for accountant
  • Clean the bathroom
  • Wash out the refrigerator (least favorite household chore)
What I am sewing, knitting, crocheting or crafting...
  • Still haven't picked up the doily I'm making since being sick. I really need to do that THIS week!
  • Still have unfinished pair of socks to work on--I may have to start over at this point.
Homemaking Tip...My husband's Aunt Lee shared with me several years ago that to keep black clothes black, NEVER put them in the dryer! I have a bar above my dryer with hangers plus a very nice wooden clothes rack that I hang ALL our black and navy blue clothes on to dry. I also don't hang them on the line outside because the sun will fade them. Works like a charm:)

Looking around the house...Dishes need done; laundry needs started; bed needs made:( Our three dogs are sprawled out across the living room floor sleeping in the warmth of the wood stove.

From the camera...


On my prayer list...
  • Friends who want to adopt a child
  • Friends with health issues
  • Sister's extreme pain
  • Church family
Bible verse; Devotional...
"He (God) knows the journey is difficult. He knows life is rarely fair. Jesus fought the same frigid winds of distraction, discouragement, and doubt that keep us from knowing God's love. But like the Father, he longs to gather us in his arms. He longs to trade the flimsy blankets of our own self-sufficiency for his all-sufficiency. The Lord Jesus invites us to cast our doubts, our fears and anxiety upon him, to discover how much he really does care." 
--from Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver

Well, that's it for my Happy Homemaker Monday. I will be back a little later with the supplies for that cute Bunny card I showed yesterday.

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment