Good morning! It is time for Happy Homemaker Monday initiated each week by the very talented and very busy Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. What a beautiful new button for Happy Homemaker Monday, Sandra! Sandra takes the photos and makes the Happy Homemaker Monday buttons we get to use. She does a great job! So what fascinating things to I have to share with you on this fine Monday? Let me see...
The Weather...It's very windy and mostly cloudy. The temperature is 46 degrees (F). It looks like the sun wants to shine if those clouds would just blow away. With the wind, it feels really cold:(
Right now I am...Sitting in front of the fire with a glass of ice water to drink and all the dogs lying at my feet.
Thinking...About all the things that didn't get done while I was sick last week:(
On my reading pile:
- Spiritual: Bible and Desire of Ages
- Fun: Sunset Bridge by Emilie Richards. Funny story...last week I had started what I thought was the second book in the Happiness Key series by Emilie Richards which was Sunset Bridge. I read three chapters before I decided I was missing something and went in search of the REAL second book, Fortunate Harbor. So having finished Fortunate Harbor yesterday, I am ready to start Sunset Bridge today:)
- Read alouds (we do a lot of that at our house): Jubal Sackett by Louis L'Amour and The Santa Cruise by Mary Higgins Clark
On my tv...Not much at the moment as I am trying to finish the Happiness Key series. It took me months to finish book #1 but I am really enjoying the series now so want to finish it while I still have momentum:)
Favorite Blog post this week...
Spender to Saver: Part Four by Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily. All of the parts were good but this one was my favorite!
Something fun to share...I am wanting to replace a lot of my metal knitting needles and crochet hooks with bamboo and found eknittingneedles.com. They have the best prices of anywhere I have seen. So, if you're in the market for some knitting needles or crochet hooks, check them out.
On the menu this week...
- Monday--Pinto Beans and Corn Bread
- Tuesday--Tacos (didn't have them last week)
- Wednesday--Town Day so will most likely eat out
- Thursday--Baked Potatoes and Butternut Squash (didn't have this last week either)
- Friday--Soup but not sure what kind
- Saturday--Potluck at Church
On my to do list:
- Get ready for Stamping Club which is Wednesday evening
- Complete and upload The Cupboard Trilogy Challenges DT project for March (due NOW)
- Complete and send February's swap card
- Sweep kitchen floor (covered in dog hair)
- Clean guest apartment
What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...
I didn't do anything while I was sick but am looking forward to picking up the doily I started while on vacation. Also hope to get a couple of sewing projects finished while hubby is gone tomorrow.
Homemaking Tips...Since I don't have anything new today I will update you on one I posted a few weeks ago. I have been using equal parts of baking soda and coconut oil to wash my face twice a week. It's like a scrub only sooo inexpensive and it is working great! On the days I don't use the "scrub" I use just coconut oil and my face is super soft. Why buy expensive facial cleansers when something as simple, natural, and inexpensive as baking soda and coconut oil works?!!!
Looking around the house...The kitchen floor needs to be swept and the dining room table (or drop spot) needs to be decluttered. Dogs all over the living room floor in front of the fire, sleeping. Dishes are done; counters are cleaned off:)
From the camera...
I didn't get a chance to share my Valentine flowers and balloon with you before so will do it now. My hubby is not a man for "days" as he calls them but gets me flowers and gifts frequently. This year we were at the Oregon Coast for Valentine's Day so he bought me flowers for our room and a nice balloon to go with them.
On my prayer list...
- My sister who is extreme pain
- A friend who needs a job
- A friend who just asked that I pray for her always:)
- A friend who is still itching after being off the offending foods for three weeks.
Bible verse; Devotional...
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20
Well, that's it for me! I hope you enjoyed the Happy Homemaker Monday. I am planning to have a couple of projects to show you tomorrow so be sure to check back.