Friday, March 14, 2014

March: Take 3 Challenge


Today I am updating you on my Take 3 Challenge started by Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily. I will be linking to her blog with my updates.

Financial: My financial goals are regarding my monthly allowance of $200.
  1. Continue to fund my budgeting envelopes--all funded and up to date!
    • Personal (hair, makeup, personal items)
    • Gifts
    • Trip to daughter's (quarterly trips)
    • Clothes
    • Misc--lunch out, postage, etc.
  2. Purchase 3 gifts this month (from money in "gift" envelope)--I purchased one gift and am planning to purchase two more on my trip to Boise next week, even if they are just gift cards.
  3. Have $500 saved for trip the end of March--already have $300 saved--Trip fully funded thanks to my hubby who gave me $200 from out tax refund! I would have made it anyway so maybe I will still have money when I get home:) Now that's a novel idea!!!
Decluttering: Finish decluttering my office and start working on craft room.

Not good:( I only spent one hour decluttering this week so will have to step that up next week if I am going to complete this challenge successfully.

Personal:
  • Walk on treadmill 5 days per week for 60 minutes at 2.8 mph and 4% incline. I am walking 5 days per week for 60 minutes at 2.8 mph but only at 3% incline. I will see if I can increase that today.
  • Sauna 3 days per week for 30 minutes--Not at all this week so definitely need to work on this next week.
  • Weight training 2 days per week for 20 minutes--Not at all this week; have I told you how much I hate exercise?!!! I just printed out a workout from Weight Watchers that I am starting today.
  • Continue with Weight Watcher's Online through the month--Yes, I am working the program but haven't lost any weight in two months:( I just switched to the Simply Filling Option where I have certain Power Foods to eat and will see if that makes a difference. I am hoping the Power Foods and the addition of Strength Training will make result in weight loss:)))
Well, there you have it! The Good; the Bad; and the Ugly!!! We are only half-way through the month so there is still time to improve, right?

Have a great day! I am going out to walk on the treadmill and try that new strength training workout!

Kat

4 comments:

  1. The exercise, I expect, will help you along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping! It hasn't done too much in the last month but then again maybe it has and the scale just doesn't reflect it.

      Delete
  2. Kat - I love this - working on goals in three areas. I will check the other blog you mentioned and may link up. Thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deb! I thought this was a good challenge. I will check to see how you're doing:)

      Delete