Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Mother's Day Double Slider Card

Our Happy Stampers Stamping Club met last Wednesday and as usual it was great fun! This group is truly the highlight of my month! 


This card was really fun for two reasons:

  • It is super cute and fun
  • My friend, Barb (and fellow Happy Stamper) found the idea and designed the front! It is always fun to have someone else design a card or project that I get to make along with everyone else!
The idea for the Double Slider Card came from Dawn Griffith at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. For this project we used:
  • Whisper White, Perfect Plum and Certainly Celery card stock
  • Concord Crush Stampin' Pad (retiring the end of May)
  • Messages for Mom stamp set (also retiring the end of May)
  • 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch; Bird Builder Punch (leaves); Round Tab Punch
  • Summer Smooches Fabric Brads (only available through the end of this month); dimensionals; strip from a plastic shopping bag
The next picture shows what it looks like when you pull the tab--both top and bottom slide out--sooo cool! I am looking forward to trying this card again soon so stay tuned! I do hope my mother enjoys this card for Mother's Day!

Wait till you see tomorrow's card! My favorite for sure!

Have a great day! Kat


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! I just love the colour combo! :) Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carla! We chose those colors because so many mothers like purple--me included. And what better color to pair with Perfect Plum than Certainly Celery. Hoping Stampin' Up! comes out with another wonderful green with the In Colors this year. Oh, the possibilities:)

      Delete