Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hello Doily Meets Tea Shoppe

Teacups, Butterflies and Doilies--a few of my favorite things! When I saw this card on Linda Gutierrez's blog, Stamping Year-Round, I knew I had to make it! The doily is embossed with White Embossing Powder and is stunning whether you leave it bright white (left) or sponge with Rich Razzleberry ink. Sooo much to love about this card. My plan is to send this card to some of my favorite ladies (who aren't my mom) for Mother's Day.


For this card I used:

  • Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White card stock; vellum (for butterflies on the card on the right)
  • Stamp sets: Hello Doily and Tea Shoppe (Occasions Mini expiring the end of April)
  • Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad; VersaMark Pad
  • White Stampin' Emboss Powder
  • 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches; Eyelet Border Punch
  • Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die; Big Shot
  • Heat Tool
  • Basic Pearls; Dimensionals, Glue Dots
The second photo shows the inside of the card. The nice thing about the Clear Mount Stamps is that you can cut them apart any way you want to. By cutting the tea cups apart you could stamp them vertically instead of horizontally. I will probably stamp "Happy Mother's Day" from the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes on page 157 of the 2011-2012 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog.

Even if the Tea Shoppe stamp set doesn't show up in the new 2012-2013 Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalog, it will be a favorite of mine for years to come. 

Have a great day doing the things you love! Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment