Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sunday Night Chit-Chat`

Welcome to the Sunday Night Chit-Chat initiated each Sunday by Carla at My 1/2 Dozen Daily. I found the picture/quote for today on Pinterest and I really needed it. I am overwhelmed! Not because I have too much to do but because I don't feel well enough to do much of anything--just the bare bone basics! We hit on another idea of what might be causing my terrible rash/hives thing...he laundry detergent. I have changed laundry detergent 3 times but it has always been he. It appears he laundry detergent has a chemical in it to minimize the suds. I just happened to have a small container of laundry detergent we bought from Tropical Traditions that is more natural. Sooo, today was spent washing "clean" clothes! First I washed the machine by putting 2 quarts of white vinegar into the washer and running it with no clothes. Then I washed sheets, towels, underwear, outwear--everything! What a day! Hoping it helps! We ordered some Charlie's Soap after a lot of reading on the internet--lots of great reviews!

So let's get started with the Sunday Night Chit-Chat!

I am...

Reading...I finished Daughter of Joy by Kathleen Morgan but won't let myself order the next book until I finish some of my other reading. I am currently reading Homespun Bride by Jillian Hart. As a family we are reading To the Far Blue Mountains by Louis L'Amour and Christmas in My Heart #21, compiled and edited by Joe Wheeler. Haven't had much read aloud time for the last week because the family has been pretty busy and scattered.

Watching...Nothing tonight but I plan to watch Christmas movies on Netflix tomorrow while I am sewing:)

Listening to...The dogs...Rocky is snoring and Beau is chewing on a Nylabone!

Cooking/Baking...I made Garbanzo Oat Waffles for breakfast (gluten free); we made a 15L crock of sauerkraut early afternoon; I am currently baking sweet potatoes for dinner.

Happy I accomplished this week...I got out of bed each and every day! LOL Seriously, I don't have energy to do much of anything but that should start getting better. I need to supplement with copper so my body can metabolize iron and I am taking B12 injections 2x/week. That should really help to get me up and moving. Getting all those clothes rewashed was a big accomplishment today.

Looking forward to next week...Feeling better! Also hoping my Secret Sister Swap will arrive this week. 

Thankful for today...Sauerkraut is made and most of the rewashing of the laundry is done!

*BONUS QUESTION*

You (I) receive a clothing gift from someone who is very close to you and has very sensitive feelings, but you absolutely HATE it. Yet you KNOW that they're going to expect you to wear the item and "can't wait to see you in it!!!" What do you do?

I would wear the item one time when that person was going to be present. I have had this happen to me and it is very awkward. My mom used to make lots of clothing gifts for us--knitted, crocheted and sewn. Most of them were wonderful but occasionally she really missed the mark. She has VERY sensitive feelings and if she thought we didn't like something would NEVER make us anything again. Couldn't risk THAT happening! 

Well, I hope you enjoyed the little foray into my life via the Sunday Night Chit-Chat! I love having you visit and hope you'll come back again tomorrow. 

Kat

1 comment:

  1. Awww.. I hope you get some energy back soon, Kat! Lack of energy is so hard to deal with when you have so much to do! :(

    No Secret Sister pkg yet?! :( *sigh*

    ReplyDelete