Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Resolutions Still Alive and Well!

Book CoverImage via Wikipedia
I have been so busy organizing according to the book Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morganstern. Wow!  It really works--who knew?!!!  I can actually see some floor space in my craft room. I am so anxious to get it done and be able to enjoy my spaces:) When I split the room up into zones and started sorting according to the zones, it was easy! I even have a box outside the room called "It doesn't go in here!"  It is easier to get rid of things this time around because I am much more settled on what I want to do in that space. Before, I wanted to do EVERYTHING which is not realistic and it's exhausting. I can't do it all and thankfully, I no longer WANT to do it all:) Is that part of growing up?

As for my other resolutions, I am not doing so good at getting up at 5:00. I have a whole list of excuses but that is not getting me any closer to my goal. I have the whole month of February to practice:) 


I have been exercising 3+ days a week so am doing better than I was but still have a ways to go. I love the Wii Fit Plus and almost laugh as I am using it. Some of the exercises are sooo funny and fun!


I read Organizing from the Inside Out by Julie Morganstern as my nonfiction book for January.  I also read a book called Shadow about China.  My nonfiction book for February is 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey.  This too is a re-read and might take me two months but well worth it.  I am also reading Spirit Warrior by David George; a true story about "a Navajo boy (who) finds himself suspended between ancient terrors and the insanities of the White man's world, searching for truth--and yearning to belong".  I always have two or three books going at once.  I am also reading 1984 by George Orwell but that is fiction so doesn't really count.  That title should bring back some memories for some of you and my younger readers are scratching their heads and saying, "1984? George Orwell?"  Without getting into politics, I decided a re-read of 1984 might be enlightening considering the state of our country and our world.  Hmmm...looks like 2011 might be the year of the re-reads for me!!! In my opinion, if the book was good the first time, it's even better the second and third times.


Fly Lady and I are getting a slow start.  I read the emails to find out what I should be doing.  Now I just need to act on what I'm reading!  Again, a new month--a clean slate--to improve.  I guess it would be unreasonable to expect that I could do well on ALL my resolutions at the same time, don't you think?!!


Well, I will give another Resolution update next month.  How are you doing with your resolutions?  It's not too late to make even one change that would make your life better.  Kat






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment