Friday, January 21, 2011

Ski Hood!

Two image panorama (assembled with Hugin) of M...Image via Wikipedia
Photo of Mt. Hood taken from parking lot
Wednesday, for the first time ever, I went to Mt. Hood Meadows with my family and friends. While they skied I enjoyed the scenery and the company of other non-skiers.  I had no idea it would be so much fun! The weather was perfect--sunshine, 8" of new snow, no wind! 

Mt. Hood Meadows has a great group rate for night skiing (Wednesday through Sunday from 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm).  If you have a group of 15 or more, the lift tickets are $15 each; ski or snowboard rental is $25 for adults/$20 for youth.  The new skiers/snowboarders were able to purchase a package for $25 that included 90 minutes of instruction, ski/snowboard rental and a lift ticket restricted to Buttercup.  What a great deal for those just learning to ski or snowboard!!!


It was so much fun watching the little kids with there teeny tiny skis and boots. The kids were truly amazing.  The skiers in our group ranged from about 3 years old to 76 years old.  WOW!  It was great to see the families having so much fun together.  


The restaurants at Mt. Hood Meadows are remarkable--some quick and easy and some sit down type.  I think there are six in all.  We had a delicious Garden Burger with fries for $9.50.  I thought that was reasonable considering where we were.  I also tried a Portabello and cheese panini--way too yummy!


Skiing is not anything I was ever tempted to try and I usually stay home to have a little alone time when the family goes but, after last Wednesday, I am planning to go up with my family more often.


If you like to ski or want to see if you would like it or just want to hang out in the lodge, I highly recommend Mt. Hood Meadows.  Kat
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment