Monday, November 3, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday

Welcome to Happy Homemaker Monday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom



The weather outside is::::
It's 56 degrees (F) and looks like it might rain today. It's kinda dark and dreary outside.

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Okay, I breaking my fast a little today as I am eating a slice of delicious Cranberry Walnut bread with my Yerba Mate this morning:) However, I don't plan to eat anything else the rest of the day.

As I look outside my window:::
Just thought I would show another picture of the tree just outside my dining room window:(

Behind the tree is the building with the solar array that hubby wanted to prevent shading issues on by cutting the tree waaayyy back!

Right now I am::::
Finishing up my toast and Yerba Mate`, writing this post and thinking about what needs to be done today while hubby is away.

As I look around the house::::
Have I mentioned dog toys in the living room?!!! Well, it is a forever thing at this house! Wilson ran around the house sqeaking a toy for about 15 minutes this morning before switching to another toy! I still need to make the bed and declutter the dining room table from the weekend.  

On today's to do list::::
Laundry...Only one load of laundry today but I have a couple loads that were hanging in the Casita that need folded and put away.
Cleaning...I need to clean out the dishwasher, make the bed and declutter the dining room table.

Stampin' Up!...Nothing today but I need to send the Tuesday Update email tomorrow, prepare an order for Thursday, choose projects for Happy Stampers Club on the 19th and make sure I have everything for this month's swap card. Hmmm...that reminds me, I haven't received my swap card for October yet!Crocheting/Crafting...

  • Still working on the yellow and white baby afghan but I am have at least 2/3 finished.
  • Hemming napkins for Thanksgiving and a pocket square for hubby
  • Doll clothes for Granddaughter's American Girl Doll.
  • Swap card for Margarita's monthly swap
Cooking...No lunch or dinner today but tomorrow I am wanting to try a Vegan Butternut Squash Mac 'n Cheeze recipe. It looks sooo good and we have lots of Butternut Squash growing in the garden. We bring it in after the first light frost.

Currently reading::::
Just started If I Stay by Gayle Forman.

On the TV today::::
Nothing today unless I get started with some HGTV via Netflix:)

On the menu this week::::
No menu again this week! I have so many new recipes I want to try so hopefully can fit a few new ones in this week.

What I am creating at the moment::::
**See my "to do" list above

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
I mentioned the Butternut Mac 'n Cheeze above but also want to try Homemade Vegan ButterVegan Cheez-its and Tofu Popcorn Chik'n. Yes, the cooler weather brings out the cook in me and I love experimenting with new recipes!
Favorite photo from the camera::::


The Mandevilla is still absolutely gorgeous! It is beautiful growing on the trellis. Hubby will soon cut it back and bring it into the greenhouse where it will bloom all winter long. Then next spring we will bring it back outside where it can grow and bloom all summer and fall.

Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::




Well, that's it for this week's Happy Homemaker Monday! Please come back tomorrow for Tasty Tuesday and I will share another one of my favorite recipes with you.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Kat



6 comments:

  1. Cranberry walnut seems a bit curious in a bread, though I've had that combination in muffins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is oh so yummy! It is a dense Artisan type bread with lots of cranberries and walnuts. I think hubby said it was $8 for a loaf so you know it was special!

      Delete
  2. If I stay is a great book! You will love it! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really looking forward to reading it! Thought I would get started on it the other day but have been crocheting and it's hard to crochet and read at the same time! LOL

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy! Do you drink mate? Or make an infusion in a cup, like when making tea? I'm Argentinian and here we love mate and drink it everyday, but only few people outside my country, Brazil or Uruguay know about it. Hope you like it! Greetings from Buenos Aires :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were introduced to Mate` by our friends' daughter who was in Argentina for a few months. She brought back the gourds and bombillas so we were able to try it "native" style. Hubby makes it in a French Press but I infuse mine in a cup, like tea. Love it and there are so many health benefits! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete