Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday

Funny badge courtesy of Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
Thanks for joining me today for Happy Homemaker Monday! I always look forward to linking up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and the other brave souls who take part each week!

Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
Nothing...nada! Monday, Wednesday and Friday are my Intermittent Fast days so I have a 500 calorie meal around noonish on those days.


On today's to do list::::
Laundry - two loads
Clean up the kitchen and run the dishwasher

Clean off the dining room table--it's out of control again!
Work on projects for this week's stamping club

Currently reading::::
A Promise to Believe In by Tracie Peterson and A First-Rate Madness by Nassir Ghaemi

On the TV today::::
Just finished watching Cedar Cove--can hardly wait for the next season! Now what?!!!

The weather outside is::::
Cloudy and cooler:) I think it got up to about 80 degrees today and it took all day to work up to it! It was 62 degrees when I got up this morning! Brrr!

On the menu this week::::
No menu...flying by the seat of my pants as usual! We are eating out of the garden a lot. Today we had fresh green beans, corn on the cob, summer squash, cantaloupe and strawberries...yummm! The cantaloupe and corn came from the store but the rest was from the garden. Today was the first picking of green beans!

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Read my book!

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::
Haven't even thought about cooking lately because it's been so hot. If it stays cooler, I just might get the cooking bug! I did bake up two loaves of Banana Nut Bread today and am looking forward to eating it tomorrow:)
In the garden::::We are eating tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, hot peppers, green beans, summer squash, beets, strawberries, raspberries and apricots.

Favorite photo from the camera::::
I don't have a new picture today...sorry!
Homemaking Tip::::I hate fruit flies! The other day we had a bunch of them in the kitchen because of the compost bucket so I went onto Pinterest to see if there were any good suggestions. This is the one I used: Fill a water bottle half full of Apple Cider Vinegar; add 2 teaspoons honey and a couple drops of dish soap. Let the bottle sit on the counter near where the fruit flies are congregating. Voila! Fruit flies are greatly diminished within two days! I let mine sit there for a week then dumped it out and made another one...just in case.
Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye)::::
As an English Bulldog lover, I can look at Baggy Bulldogs for hours! Love all their great pictures and videos of bulldogs:)


Praying for::::

  • I am still praying for our sweet Rocky to be returned to us. He has a chip so there is still hope.
  • A storm looks like it may be coming in and the report says it could have hail with it. My prayer is that it doesn't damage our garden. 


Bible Verse, Devotional that is resonating with me at the moment::::
I am reading One Simple Act by Debbie Macomber about "Discovering the Power of Generosity". It is reminding me that you can't out give God and that I need to look for more opportunities to practice Random Acts of Kindness. Beautifully written book. 


I hope you enjoyed your visit. I hope you visit again soon!

Kat

6 comments:

  1. Hail is no good, from my experience. Still hoping for some good news about Rocky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I'm sorry you're still waiting for any news from Rocky. Do hope he returns soon.

    Sounds like you have a lot of yummy goodies from your garden.

    Hope you have a blessed week, Kat!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been enjoying so many goodies from our garden all summer and even now that it's fall. Yum!

      Delete
  3. Miss your blog!!
    dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so sweet of you! I am finally back and hope to be able to keep going:)

      Delete