I like to do a Five Things Friday occasionally so I can catch you up on things that don't warrant a whole post! Fun for me especially since I tend to be a little ADD anyway:)
- Our Rocky still isn't home. The ad came out in the paper yesterday. We are still hopeful but each day makes it less probable. I had no idea when my son brought him home nearly 2 1/2 years ago that I would grow so attached! I was really sad the other day and was sitting in my chair reading when I felt something patting my arm. Magee, our least affectionate cat was lying on the side tab and patting my arm. He did this for about 15 minutes! So sweet:)
- My 60th birthday is looming on the horizon...4 more days! My daughter has some things up her sleeve but not sure what! She did promise me it wasn't a surprise party because I hate surprise parties! Maybe she got some ideas off Pinterest.
- I am loving my new Franklin Planner! It has already helped me to be more organized and get more done. I tend to forget less when I write it down. Organizing on paper helps my brain to organize better. I have tried several e-Planners but they didn't work for me. I really need paper and pen.
- Eating out of the garden is so yummy! I can't believe how much better homegrown vegetables and fruit taste. We have been thinning the beets and eating the little beets with the greens...sooo good! I can make a full salad with items from the garden. The green beans will be on in about a week.
- Hubby and I are doing a version of the Intermittent Fasting Diet for health and to try to lose a little bit of weight. We chose to do the "fasting" on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, eating 500 calories for me and 600 calories for him--one meal only, middle of the day. The other 4 days, we eat normal; no restrictions. We drink a lot of water, especially on our "fasting" days and try to exercise as well. I plan to add Oil Pulling on Monday for healthy teeth and gums.
Well, just a little bit of what's going on in my head...scary place:) Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by. I will be back on Sunday (I hope) for the Sunday Night Chit-Chat!